Hanger Monitoring COVID-19
March 20, 2020
- Taking preventive steps to minimize exposure and close contact, while tending to those who need care and focusing on essential care needs. This includes triaging patient needs and shifting many essential and non-essential interactions to remote appointments when appropriate.
- Shifting non-essential personnel to a work-from-home capacity wherever possible.
- Requiring team members to take preventive measures recommended by the CDC to help stop the spread of the virus, including but not limited to: washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, avoiding contact with others who are sick, and staying home if sick.
- Providing all of its 800-plus locations nationwide with mandatory training with prescriptive preventive measures and resources, including: facts on the virus, reinforcement of facility cleaning guidelines (including the temporary removal of toys in the pediatric areas of clinics), guidance on personal protective care and use, and instructions on reporting a COVID-19 exposure.
- Advising patients to consult with their clinicians regarding their scheduled appointments to determine if they can safely be delayed or conducted via a virtual setting.
- Communicating with patients through various channels to ensure an appointment is rescheduled for at least 14 or more days from the scheduled appointment, or shifted to a remote appointment, if they have a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, have traveled to or had close contact with someone who has traveled to high risk countries, or have tested positive for or been exposed to someone with COVID-19.