Ropp Orthopedic Clinic, Commerce Township, Michigan, announced it is planning to remain open during the COVID-19 outbreak.
"I know things have been changing on a day-to-day basis, but we are still open and practicing safe standards with our patients," said Jeffrey Ropp, CP. "Our patients and employees are like family and we are committed to do everything we can to keep everyone safe and healthy. We are taking every precaution available to prevent the spread of COVID-19."
In addition to practicing good hygiene practices, Ropp Clinic will do the following to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Remove all newspapers and magazines from its offices
- Remove fruit and candy from waiting rooms
- Use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting an exam room
- Not shake hands with patients
- Wash hands after handling money
- Offer all patients hand sanitizer as they enter the office
- If a patient is found to have a temperature, send the patient home and ensure appropriate follow-up care
"Please know we are closely monitoring the situation and will follow instructions and recommendations issued by public health authorities or government agencies as needed," Ropp said.