Ottobock: How to Justify the Medical Necessity of Advanced Prosthetic & Orthotic Devices
- This training is designed for CP/Os, assistants, technicians, and billing specialists. Training Objectives:
• Develop an understanding of what “medical necessity” means to physicians, nurses, and other medical staff.
• Develop an understanding of what facts on the patient and the device medical staff is interested in and how these facts have to be connected to convince medical reviewers to approve a requested device.
• Understand the most important results of research with current advanced prosthetic and orthotic devices.
• Leverage the existing scientific evidence to support the medical justification of a device.
• Improve documentation and avoid common documentation mistakes.
Training web site: http://academy.ottobockus.com/presentations/medical_necessity/presentation.html