Prosthetist & Orthotist II
At Scottish Rite for Children, we work together with the common goal of helping give children back their childhood. We currently are looking for a CPO with pediatric experience to join our Orthotic and Prosthetic Team. This is a unique work environment focused on the patient with a collaborative approach from all departments. We are always looking for caring, energetic individuals to join our team.
- Provide comprehensive, developmentally appropriate prosthetic service to infants, toddlers, preschool, school-aged, and adolescent clients who require prosthetic intervention
- Assist the physician and clinic team in designing and developing new and innovative prosthetic devices based on the patient's needs
- Take negative impressions, proper measurements, and have experience modifying positive models for lower extremity orthotics and prosthetics
- Provide thorough documentation for patient visits, having experience with OPIE and EPIC is added benefit.
- Order components for devices using Workday system
- Utilize CAD technology for Scoliosis management (training available)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics with the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics, and Pedorthics Inc. required
- Must remain in good standing with ABC by meeting all MCE requirements and codes of ethical conduct
- Must be licensed to practice as an Orthotist and Prosthetist in the state of Texas by the Texas Board of Orthotics and Prosthetics (TBOP)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to manage a constant influx of activity
- Previous experience, particularly in pediatrics preferred
Updated: Aug 31, 2021