Spinomed Aids Osteoporosis Patients
August 01, 2006
SPS now offers the low-profile, lightweight Medi Spinomed® spinal orthosis for vertebral extension in osteoporosis.
"Backpack" styling offers easy application. The thoracic area is unobstructed; abdominal breathing and shoulder/arm movements are unrestricted. An evidence-based study published in the March 2004 American Journal of PM&R showed that Spinomed:
- Strengthens back extensors by 73 percent;
- Strengthens abdominal flexors by 58 percent;
- Reduces the angle of kyphosis by 11 percent;
- Reduces body sway by 25 percent; and
- Decreases pain by 38 percent.
Indications include osteoporotic bone collapse in the thoracic and lumbar spine, juvenile Scheuermanns disease, and hyperkyphosis with chronic back pain.
For more information, contact: