Ohio Willow Wood has expanded LimbLogic® VS's versatility by broadening the conditions in which it will operate.
Prosthetists may advise patients that LimbLogic VS can be used in wet environments and even immersed in fresh water. This is the only waterproof electronic elevated vacuum suspension system available in the prosthetic market.
Ohio Willow Wood's Thermoplastic Drop-In Adapter maintains an airtight seal with LimbLogic VS and permits the system to be used with thermoplastic sockets. For added comfort, the adapter allows for the fabrication of a distal cup that replicates the user's correct anatomical shape.
Ohio Willow Wood
Mechanical advantage with no strings attached!
The innovative NINJA is a 6X mechanical-advantage orthosis, like a string brace, but using straps, not strings. The straps are more durable; they won't fray, tear, tangle, or wedge.
The NINJA belt is the foundation of each brace (L-0627, L-0631, and L-0637) in the NINJA Progressive Spinal System. It has a soft mesh inside and an aggressive loop outside. The one-pull strap is easy to tighten and fasten. The NINJA PRO is pictured.
HOPE Orthopedic: When you need it right fast!
Designed to accommodate larger patients, the 650 Adjustable Posterior Upright (APU®) Bariatric PRAFO® from Anatomical Concepts can be used for ambulatory and recumbent patients and offers all the functionality of the standard APU.
- Kodel® boot fits across a dorsum measurement up to 23 in.
- Footplate width is 5 in.
- Length extends from 12½ to 13¾ in.
- Height extends from 14 to 15 in. (can be trimmed shorter).
- Calf strap adjusts from 21 to 32 in.
- Heavy-duty 3/16 in. aluminum APU heel-suspension bar is standard.
- Available with traditional green/white or black liner (shown).
PEL Supply Company
SPS is pleased to launch the new WalkAide® Bi-Flex™ Cuff, designed to provide a secure fit and optimal electrode positioning to enhance reproducibility of outcomes both inside and outside clinical settings.
- Visual indicator helps accurately align the WalkAide system for consistent positioning.
- Universal fit can be used on either the left or right leg and is available in three convenient sizes.
- Electrode locators help ensure precise electrode placement every time for optimized stimulation.
- Dual durometer construction; the rigid side helps secure the cuff while allowing one-handed donning and doffing; the soft side conforms to the leg for total electrode contact.
Orthofeet is adding a large selection of breathable shoes to its
The selection includes
Fisherman and Mary Jane
shoes in a variety of colors,
offering unsurpassed comfort
- KKThe forefoot area is made of stretchable fabric mesh that eases pressure on bunions and swelling feet.
- KK Padded fabric lining enhances comfort and eliminates pressure points.
- KK Ergonomic Sole™ design provides a true toe-spring, reducing stress at the forefoot.
New: EWHO Rotation Design Eases Fitting of Neurological Patients with Forearm-Rotation Patterns
The EWHO rotation design facilitates slow, gentle movement of the forearm toward supination or pronation and simultaneous extension or flexion of the elbow during the patient fitting. After applying the proximal elbow section and the distal forearm section, the forearm section can be gently rotated and fixed into the desired position.
Ultraflex therapeutic/stretching bracing provides precise dynamic stimulus and proper posturing to maintain/increase muscle length for improved grasp, pinch, and release functions. It is ideal for challenging neurological conditions such as CP, post-stroke, and TBI.
Following in the footsteps of the hugely popular Extreme Locking Liner, SPS is launching the new Extreme Cushion Liner with a sampling program.
SPS customers may choose to receive the 3mm or 6mm profile of the 24cm, 26cm, or 28cm size as a free sample. One sample per practitioner is available January 1-31, 2010.
- Applicable to TT or TF amputees.
- Available in 3mm or 6mm uniform sizing to fit circumferences ranging from 16-53cm.
- Eighty percent less vertical stretch posteriorly virtually eliminates pistoning while minimizing bunching behind the knee during flexion.
Orthofeet is adding elastic Mary Jane shoes to its extensive line of stretchable shoes. These innovative shoes integrate attractive design with ultimate comfort and protection.
- Non-binding design without firm reinforcement at the toe box allows unrestricted stretch at the entire forefoot,including the tip ofthe shoe.
- Seamless lining padded with extra foam enhances comfort and offers unsurpassed protection.
The UltraQuick Release™ is a universal component used for quick and easy conversion from a KAFO to a KO or AFO and back; or from an EWHO to an EO or WHO and back.
Address the changing physiology of post-stroke patients with the Ultraflex Adjustable Dynamic Response™ (ADR™) KAFO/AFO with the UltraQuick Release.
Use the UltraQuick Release for multiple treatments goals like increasing muscle length and strength and providing functional assist during ambulation, by connecting an Ultraflex therapeutic/stretching KO to an Ultraflex Adjustable Dynamic Response (ADR) AFO.
Our Model 980-HD Quick Disconnect™ has been redesigned to provide users with an easier method for releasing the mechanism. Now, with a simple push of a button, you can quickly disconnect one section of an orthosis from another.
KiddieGAIT SoftSHELL combines the soft interface system of SoftKIT with a fun print textile cover made just for kids! A clever slip-on sleeve design, the KiddieGAIT anterior shell slips in between the plush SoftKIT interface and fun print front cover. The straps have D-ring cinch closure for easy, adjustable, tension application. Choose from pink or red with fun print pattern. Machine washable.
As prosthetists, our designers know the importance of a good fit. We also know that different clients have different needs and that there are times when an off-the-shelf TES Belt or Durasleeve will not meet those needs. For those special clients, Syncor Ltd. offers custom-designed TES Belts and Durasleeves.
Our complete line can be adapted to meet the needs of clients with transfemoral amputations. We can also custom make the Durasleeve for transtibial suspension, including the Durasleeve HD for exceptionally active clients and the Durasleeve EZ for clients with limited dexterity. For special orders, contact your Syncor supplier.
SPS now has the DARCO Body Armor® Night Splint, the only night splint on the market today whose toe strap dorsiflexes the first MPJ to provide a specific and sustained stretch of the plantar fascia and a sustained low-load stretch of the flexor tendons, Achilles tendon, and calf muscles.
- Loads the Windlass mechanism, naturally bringing the foot/ankle to near 90-degree angle.
- Elastic connector ring allows for natural flexion of the foot and toes during sleep, returning to the dorsiflexed position when muscles relax.
- Low-profile design allows for maximum user comfort and compliance.
- Universal sizing.
Practitioners who use offset plates can now do so with less added weight. Prosthetic Design Inc. introduces Carbon Fiber Offset Plates. The plates are available in three sizes: ½ in., ¾ in., and 1.418 in. Offset in either AP or ML orientation for patients up to 325 lb. The Carbon Fiber Plates reduce weight by 40 percent compared to the equivalent aluminum versions. Contact Prosthetic Design Inc. for more information and recommended L-Codes.
Prosthetic Design Inc.
The Becker Rotation Adjustable Elbow Orthosis (BRAE) is designed for the management of forearm rotation contractures using a static progressive stretching protocol. The orthosis is useful for treatment of forearm contractures as a result of upper-extremity fractures and injuries. Forearm rotation is adjusted by means of a dual offset channel with a patented overlapping adjustable rotation component.
The TSS Vaculink Vacuum Pump from MICA Corp. was created for elevated vacuum socket management, enhanced suspension, and moisture control. The Vaculink is a mechanical pump mounted to a tibial component and driven by stance phase or combined foot and ankle flexion. The pump design is simple and effective, ensuring extended life, efficiency, and zero maintenance.
Features and benefits include:
- Zero battery dependence.
- Enhances blood circulation.
- Stabilizes limb volume and prevents fluctuation.
- Firmly secures socket to limb.
- Increases user awareness of limb/prosthesis position.
- Easily adjustable vacuum.
Titanium pyramids are now standard with Dycor's new K2 DR2 (unassisted transfer/assisted ADL) and K3 DR3 (unassisted ADL) feet. The K2 version is 30 percent more flexible than the K3.
Dycor's DR feet are lightweight and resilient because they rely on deflection of the varying-thickness leaf springs imbedded in the upper keel member, rather than compression of rubber bumpers. The DR feet are ground compliant because they incorporate uni, bi-, or tri-axial ankle articulation with low- or medium-profile options.
Weight, including titanium pyramid and foot shell, is 312g (11 oz.).
Made with durable neoprene and a rugged outer nylon cover, Comfort Endurance™ Suspension Sleeves are tough, rugged, and built to last.
They are offered in three styles, black and beige, and in a full range of standard sizes. Custom sizes are also available.
- Endurance Criterion offers superior support and comfort and reduces popliteal bunching.
- Endurance Sport incorporates a nylon-lined center section to reduce abrasion.
- Endurance ZipSleeve incorporates a zipper for easy donning and doffing, for those with compromised grip strength.
Suspension sleeve products are reimbursable under L-Codes L-5674 and L-5675.