CAD/CAM developer Delcam has established a dedicated custom orthotic website.
The new website includes:
- Easier navigation to solutions that are important to you. Whether you are a patient, a practitioner, or a lab, you will find information on how you can step into the Delcam digital clinic.
- Access to information on all of the powerful yet easy-to-use solutions from Delcam for orthotics, OrthoModel, OrthoMill, OrthoManager, and the new iQube scanner.
- Immediate access to request a demo in your area.
- Ability to search news, case studies, videos, and events.
Treat your smallest patients with the best functional prefab for children. ProLab Kiddythotics™ are designed to produce the best outcomes by incorporating:
- Rigid polypropylene shell
- Deep heel cup
- 4mm medial heel skive
- Medial flange
- 4/4 rearfoot post
Available only through licensed practitioners.
The Peromax Carbon Fiber AFO is an excellent recovery device for peroneal paralysis patients. Its carbon-fiber design allows for high energy return and is rated up to a maximum weight of 275 lb. The Peromax is also used for the rehabilitation of Achilles tendon injuries.
For more information about the Peromax, please visit us at Academy booth #249-253 and 292-296!
Lower Limb Technology LLC introduces you to expert craftsmanship in custom lower- and upper-extremity fabrication. We have an alliance of certified orthotists, prosthetists, and technicians manufacturing precision orthotics and prosthetics you can count on.
- Manufacturer of lower- and upper-limb orthotic and prosthetic products.
- We are a central-fabrication company.
- Unparalleled customer service.
- Highest quality of fabrication and production of custom orthotics and prosthetics.
- On-site CAD/CAM and carvers.
- Quick turnaround time.
- Test sockets to final fabrication.
- Modification services available.
Lower Limb Technology LLC/Spinal Technology, Inc.
The ALPS Extreme Liner has been specifically designed for both transfemoral (AK) and transtibial (BK) amputees, reducing your on-hand inventory costs. The Extreme Liner eliminates 80% of vertical stretch, resulting in increased contact while reducing movement of redundant tissue and substantially eliminating pistoning. It features ALPS' new GripGEL™ to gently but firmly support the residual limb and sensitive tissues.
- Limited vertical stretch reduces movement of redundant tissue.
- High circumferential stretch to assist with form fitting.
- Wider distal end for ease of donning.
- Provides more control and stability.
- Available in 3mm and 6mm uniform thicknesses in eight sizes.
- 1-year warranty, 2-year on two liners.
PEL Supply Company
Intended for patients up to 320 lb. or those individuals with a severe biomechanical deficit, the Model 1017-A38 Automatic Angled Lever Lock Knee Joint is the latest addition to our comprehensive range of orthotic knee joints. Equipped with in. x ¾ in. (9.5mm x 19.1mm) aluminum uprights, the Model 1017-A38 is modular in design and may be used in either a unilateral or double upright configuration. The Model 1017-A38 can be fabricated into a variety of orthotic designs including conventional metal and leather, thermoplastics, and composites.
The Seattle Kinetic Foot is the perfect solution for moderate K2 ambulators. Indicated for low- to moderate-activity amputees with a maximum weight of 136 kg/300 lb.
- Advanced design for amputee'severyday needs.
- Exceptional motion.
- Integrated multiaxial ankle.
- Male bonded pylon and female foot adapter included.
- K2 activity level.
- 300 lb. weight limit.
PEL Supply Company
The FullStride™ Shadow from Becker Oregon is a lightweight KAFO that combines structural strength and cosmetic appeal with the FullStride mechanical stance-control orthotic knee joint.
The inherent rigidity of the FullStride Shadow ensures that optimal joint alignment and function is maintained throughout the gait cycle. Constructed of lightweight and rigid composite materials, the FullStride Shadow's sleek and open design offers patients an unparalleled blend of form and function.
Mechanical advantage with no strings attached!
The innovative NINJA is a 6X mechanical-advantage orthosis that is like a string brace, but it uses straps instead of strings. The straps are more durable; they won't fray, tear, tangle, or wedge.
The NINJA belt is the foundation of each brace (L-0627, L-0631, and L-0637) in the NINJA Progressive Spinal System. It has a soft mesh inside and an aggressive loop outside. The single pull strap is easy to tighten and fasten. The NINJA LSO is pictured.
HOPE Orthopedic: When you need it right fast!
With an SPS purchase* of either two DuraGel liners, two Low Activity liners, or three Siloliners, you will receive a navy scrub shirt with your name and credentials embroidered on the front.
- Two lines of embroidery may contain any combination of letters/punctuation/spaces within a maximum count of 17 per line.
- SPS customer service will complete all paperwork required at time of order.
- Promotion runs from February 1-June 30, 2010.
- Four-week lead time from order placement to receipt at facility.
* Qualifying quantity must be placed on a single purchase order.
Synthetic tape at plaster prices! Tired of getting plastered by casting tape prices? Our new synthetic casting tape provides greater strength and comfort due to its enhanced stretchability. Our tackless resin formula allows for easy handling. It comes in an easy-to-use "easy-open" pouch. The green color will also tell you that it's an environmentally friendly, disposable product. Unbelievable quality at an unbelievable price. Let our green tape save you more "green." Check out our catalog for our new introductory price.
- 4 in. wide x 12 ft. long (OR-0513-4)
- 3 in. wide x 12 ft. long (OR-0513-3)
- 2 in. wide x 12 ft. long (OR-0513-2)
The Ortho Remedy
Ultraflex Toe Pads-Ideal for Neurologically Involved Patients
Ultraflex toe pads are available for purchase individually or with Ultraflex customfabricated orthoses made in the Ultraflex Lab. Ultraflex toe pads are an ideal addition for neurologically involved patients. They come in extra small ( 2 3/8 in.), small(2 3/8 in. < 2 5/8 in.), medium (2 5/8 in.< 2 15/16 in.), and large (2 15/16 in.< 3 1/8 in.). Ultraflex toe pads are recommended for use with Ultraflex Adjustable Dynamic Response™ UltraSafeGait™ for managing gait deviations.
New: Ultraflex Universal Joint - Comparably Smaller, Lighter, and Stronger
The Ultraflex Universal Joint uses a tried-and-true clevis design for maximum M-L strength, yet is extremely lightweight and low profile. The Ultraflex Universal Joint is comparatively smaller, lighter, and stronger. It can be used on ankles, elbows, or wrists, as well as for both adult and pediatric applications.Recommended as a companion joint to Ultraflex ADR™. Molding dummy included. Dimensions: Length: 17/16 in., width: 7/16 in., height: 19/64 in., weight: 0.5 oz.
Now through March 31, 2010, you can try the new Summit™ 631 LSO for 15% off when you place an order for it with SPS.
The Summit 631 is a pain-relief option that offers a therapeutic level of motion restriction and provides effective compression for the relief of low-back pain.
Features of the Summit 631 LSO include:
- 4:1 mechanical advantage.
- Conform back panel provides custom-silhouette feel while administering direct pain relief to the lower back.
- Ergonomic, comfortable fit to accommodate diverse anatomies and diagnosis.
- Four sizes accommodate waist circumferences of 26-60 in.
The Helix3D Hip Joint takes advantage of a groundbreaking design to create a more natural, three-dimensional hip movement. Its polycentric shape, in combination with a unique stance-phase control system, also helps initiate swing phase and improves toe clearance and hip-joint extension. The results for your patient are dramatic-your patients may experience less energy expenditure when walking with Helix3D, and their gait will be more natural and confident because of the added stability provided by use of the C-Leg® microprocessor knee.
Otto Bock HealthCare
50° ankle range of motion gives the Motionfoot™ a great comfort advantage and superior stability on flat, sloping, or uneven ground. The hydraulic ankle allows adjustment of the resistance by the wearer in both plantarflexion and dorsiflexion. The prosthetist can also adjust heel height and toe stiffness.
Visit booth #358 at the Academy Annual Meeting for more information.
Orthomerica Products Inc. introduces the new California® LOMBAR™, a streamlined, low-profile, customizable orthosis that promotes thoracic extension through targeted vertebral separation. The "aluminum spine" provides strength while conforming intimately to the patient's body to provide stability and pain relief. Contoured spine can be further customized with no tools. The apron front closes with Velcro® via dual pull tabs with finger pockets for easily controllable, adjustable abdominal compression.
Visit our website to view Orthomerica's California LOMBAR or any of our comprehensive array of prefabricated, semi-custom, and custom orthotic products.
Orthofeet is adding more great-looking models to its Tie-Less shoes collection. These innovative, patent-pending shoes combine laces with hook-and-loop straps, allowing users to wear regular lace-up shoes without needing to tie them.
Additional features include:
- Soft, seamless fabric lining, padded with foam.
- Lightweight Ergonomic Stride™ soles with functional Toe-Spring.
- Non-binding uppersacross the bunions.
The Becker Rotation Adjustable Elbow Orthosis (BRAE) is designed for the management of forearm rotation contractures using a static progressive stretching protocol. The orthosis is useful for treatment of forearm contractures as a result of upper-extremity fractures and injuries. Forearm rotation is adjusted by means of a dual offset channel with a patented overlapping adjustable rotation component.
- The most popular Alpha Liner.
- The most popular gel thickness.
- The most popular gel profile.
- The most popular fabric.
- All sizes.
- New Lower Price.
- The Alpha® Original MP Liner.
Six-millimeter gel thickness, uniform style, and original green/gray fabric are the specifications for the Alpha Original MP Liner. This is the most popular Alpha Liner from Ohio Willow Wood, at a new, lower price. Ohio Willow Wood provides real solutions for practitioners and their patients.
Ohio Willow Wood
As prosthetists, our designers know the importance of a good fit. We also know that different clients have different needs and that there are times when an off-the-shelf TES Belt or Durasleeve will not meet those needs. For those special clients, Syncor Ltd. offers custom-designed TES Belts and Durasleeves.
Our complete line can be adapted to meet the needs of clients with transfemoral amputations. We can also custom make the Durasleeve for transtibial suspension, including the Durasleeve HD for exceptionally active clients and the Durasleeve EZ for clients with limited dexterity. For special orders, contact your Syncor supplier.
Take your pick from six favorite designs with each SPS purchase of the new 980-HD Quick Disconnect, now through March 31, 2010.
- Redesigned 980-HD allows one section of an orthosis to disconnect fromanother with a simple push of a button.
- Builds modularity into any orthosis and facilitates removal or addition of sections of an orthosis as patients' needs change.
- Applicable to cervical, spinal, upper- and lower-limb orthotics.
- Choose between Military Camo (P-1025), Fly and Drive (P-1014), Carbon (P-1063), Purple Butterfly (P-1026), Sweetheart (P-1072), or Tattoo (P-1069).
- Transfer sheet size is 40 in. x 60 in.
Friddle's Vacuum Forming Hose is now available in three sizes and packaged in 5 lb. bags and 50 lb. bulk boxes. All hose are first quality, no seconds. Each one has a sewn toe. All hose are leggings only, no pantyhose. They are excellent for final laminations, and they are available with or without release agent. There are approximately 105 regular-sized hose per 5 lb. bag.
Friddle's Orthopedic Appliances
Model 1013 is a posterior offset adjustable knee joint that allows the orthotist to fine-tune the A-P alignment of the knee. These features enhance knee stability and help broaden the clinical application. The A-P alignment and the extension/flexion angle can be changed by simply removing two screws; this allows easy adjustability without the need to physically alter the angle of the uprights.
The Model 1013 comes equipped with an optional bail lock that can be engaged when the patient reaches full extension.
Friddle's offers chafes and loops in a variety of shapes and sizes. We offer the chafes by themselves, with a stainless steel oval or rectangle loop or with a polycarbonate loop. We also offer loops only. Our chafes are available in 1 in., 1.5 in. and 2 in. triangle sizes, and in a 2 in. rectangle size. Our chafes and loops are now sold in packages of 25.
Friddle's Orthopedic Appliances
KiddieGAIT™ offers a carbon-composite framework that allows you to build an orthosis that encourages functional heel-to-toe gait. Up until now, about the youngest kids you could fit with KiddieGAIT were ages three or four. The three new "baby" sizes are smaller. The goal is to support the foot in early stages and beyond, to stimulate and assist the child to stand and toddle, providing the support for correct functional posture and gait. You will now be able to fit KiddieGAIT on kids from about nine months to approximately nine years.
The TSS Vaculink Vacuum Pump from MICA Corp. was created for elevated vacuum socket management, enhanced suspension, and moisture control. The Vaculink is a mechanical pump mounted to a tibial component and driven by stance phase or combined foot and ankle flexion. The pump design is simple and effective, ensuring extended life, efficiency, and zero maintenance.
Features and benefits include:
- Zero battery dependence.
- Enhances blood circulation.
- Stabilizes limb volume and prevents fluctuation.
- Firmly secures socket to limb.
- Increases user awareness of limb/prosthesis position.
- Easily adjustable vacuum and lightweight.
Stop by table #320 at the Academy meeting in Chicago.
Titanium pyramids are now standard with Dycor's new K2 DR2 (unassisted transfer/assisted ADL) and K3 DR3 (unassisted ADL) feet. The K2 version is 30 percent more flexible than the K3.
Dycor's DR feet are light-weight and resilient because they rely on deflection of the varying-thickness leaf springs imbedded in the upper keel member, rather than compression of rubber bumpers. The DR feet are ground compliant because they incorporate uni, bi-, or tri-axial ankle articulation with low- or medium-profile options.
Weight, including titanium pyramid and foot shell, is 312g (11 oz.).
The Spectracarb-Aralon™ Stockinette is just what the practitioner would order.
- Easy workability, strength, wets out well, and fatigue resistant.
- Lightweight, contours superbly, no delaminating.
- People-friendly material: mitigates skin irritation.
- Tubular goods facilitate ease of usage.
- Available in 5-yard and 25-yard rolls.
- Comes in 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-, 6-, and 8-in. widths.
- Half the cost of carbon material.
- Can be modified using a heat gun without delaminating.
The innovation leader in knitted orthotic and prosthetic products.
Provel offers cost-effective, fast, easy-to-use, and reliable O&P automation. The D2 digitizer, C5 carver, and T6 thermoformer are appropriate for small clinics as well as large central fabs. All are AOP-file compatible and backed by a two-year warranty. The D2 digitizer allows automated shape capture of prosthetic casts with unmatched accuracy. The C5 carver is not only fast and precise, its self-contained dust-collection system is extremely quiet. The T6 thermoformer consistently produces high-quality thermoplastic sockets from industry-standard preforms.