Liberating Technologies introduces the new M-Finger partial-hand kit, consisting of dexterous fingers, a multi-position friction thumb, and mounting plates for use in a mechanical hand assembly. The fingers and thumb have urethane covers to provide better grasp and molded-in finger nails for picking up small objects. The fingers are actuated by a Spectra™ cable that crosses the wrist and is controlled by simple wrist flexion. Each finger independently conforms to the shape of the object, allowing for multiple grasp patterns. M-Fingers are available in various segment lengths and can be customized to suit the patient.
Liberating Technologies Inc.
The new and improved Pyramid Receiver PR-SL-R-TI is the newest addition to Prosthetic Design's Pyramid line. It offers sliding and 360 degrees of rotation with a low profile of only 30.5mm. This component is manufactured of titanium and is compatible with the European 4-hole pattern. The rotation is locked into place by tightening the four adjustment set screws on the receiver. The rotation is positively controlled in three-degree increments with the use of interfacing radial serrations. The slide function is locked at the same time the four adjustment set screws of the receiver are tightened.
Prosthetic Design Inc.
With clearances less than two inches, MICA Corp.'s Genesis Low Pro Foot and Ankle System provides the only multiaxial prosthetic foot suitable for long BK and Symes-level amputees.
The Genesis Low Pro combines the Genesis System multiaxial technologies with advanced-strength carbons and composites to create a system of optimum comfort and durability. This system offers the most natural range of motion at a minimal height.
- Weight limit: 330 lb.
- L-Codes: L-5981 and L-5968.
- Comes with foot shell andSpectra sock.
- Free lifetime replacement of bumpers.
- Comes with threaded male adapter.
- Suitable for all activity levels.
- Weighs 400g.
The Aura is a sock with a specially designed seal to work with expulsion or vacuum systems, which allows the prosthetist to select the height of the seal. Used in combination with Evolution custom Silk liners, or Evolution Origin off-the-shelf liners, the Aura seals against the inner wall of both AK and BK sockets.
Evolution Industries Inc.
Fillauer has created the smallest, lightest shuttle pin lock available. Weighing less than 2 oz. and only 1/4 in. thick, the Fillauer Wrist Lock is the perfect lock for upper-limb patients using locking liners. Its precision machining and durable all-metal construction ensure years of trouble-free operation. The positive locking plungers (pins) for this lock are available in 1 in. and 1.5 in. lengths for liners with 6mm and 10mm threads 1/4 x 20 5-10 in.
Orthofeet new fashionable low-heel shoes offer the "Slip-On" look with the comfort of adjustable-strap shoes. These unique Slip-Ons feature a wide opening for easy on/off along with a two-way strap system that enables fastening on either side of the shoe.
The Accent® foot from College Park provides a service-free option for individuals who desire a cosmetically appealing foot with an easy-to-adjust heel height. A simple push of a button provides the wearer their choice of footwear.
- 2 in. (51mm) user-adjustable heel height.
- Dynamic pylon and integrated pyramid options.
- Ankle fairing for superior finishing.
- Sandal-toe foot shell, with narrow and wide width options.
- Three firmness choices.
College Park Industries
Incredibly, and for the first time ever, SPS is offering an additional 15% discount on all Iceross® Comfort™ locking and cushion liners.
This limited-time offer is available exclusively through SPS and is applicable on SPS purchase orders dated March 1-May 31, 2010, for any size or configuration.
- Comfort's Cushioning SenSil Gel Silicone provides protection to bony prominences and scarred sensitive areas.
- Comfort's Stabilizing Matrix and size-specific distal attachment makes it a good choice for low-activity users with fragile and exposed tissue.
- 14 sizes in either 3mm or 6mm profiles.
The Becker Rotation Adjustable Elbow Orthosis (BRAE) is designed for the management of forearm rotation contractures using a static progressive stretching protocol. The orthosis is useful for treatment of forearm contractures as a result of upper-extremity fractures and injuries. Forearm rotation is adjusted by means of a dual offset channel with a patented overlapping adjustable rotation component.
Our Model 980-HD Quick Disconnect™ has been redesigned to provide users with an easier method for releasing the mechanism. Now, with a simple push of a button, you can quickly disconnect one section of an orthosis from another.
Maintaining its focus on the needs of low-activity amputees, SPS is pleased to launch the new Flex-Foot® Balance prosthetic foot from Ossur®.
Balance's design initiates with a carbon-fiber footplate with full-length toe lever that is lighter and 1-2cm longer than the K2 Sensation.
- At 490g (size 27cm foot with foot shell and standard male adapter), Balance is the lightest K2 multiaxial foot available on the market today.
- New removable foot cover has sandal toe.
- Applicable to users with no potential for walking at variable speed.
- Sizes 21-28cm in categories 0-3.
As prosthetists, our designers know the importance of a good fit. We also know that different clients have different needs and that there are times when an off-the-shelf TES Belt or Durasleeve will not meet those needs. For those special clients, Syncor Ltd. offers custom-designed TES Belts and Durasleeves.
Our complete line can be adapted to meet the needs of clients with transfemoral amputations. We can also custom make the Durasleeve for transtibial suspension, including the Durasleeve HD for exceptionally active clients and the Durasleeve EZ for clients with limited dexterity. For special orders, contact your Syncor supplier.
New: Ultraflex Toe Pads-Ideal for Neurologically Involved Patients
Ultraflex toe pads are available for purchase individually or with Ultraflex customfabricated orthoses made in the Ultraflex Lab. Ultraflex toe pads are an ideal addition for neurologically involved patients. They come in extra small (∆ ≤ 2 3/8 in.), small(2 3/8 in. < ∆ ≤ 2 5/8 in.), medium (2 5/8 in.< ∆ ≤ 2 15/16 in.), and large (2 15/16 in.< ∆ ≤ 3 1/8 in.). Ultraflex toe pads are recom-mended for use with Ultraflex Adjustable Dynamic Response™ UltraSafeGait™ for managing gait deviations.
SPS has immediate availability of the new Silhouette VS prosthetic foot, which provides shock absorption and multiaxial ground compliance to ease progression onto otherwise unforgiving surfaces.
The new Silhouette VS, manufactured by Freedom Innovations, provides the following benefits:
- Vertical shock absorption softens impact at heel strike to provide comfort and preserve residual-limb health.
- Multiaxial function and +/- 15 degrees of inversion/eversion provide excellent ground compliance and stability.
- Optimized sole plate with tri-durometer urethane strips transfers load from lateral to medial plane with each step for more natural medial roll-over.
- 3/8 in. or 3/4 in. heel heights broaden footwear choices from dress shoes to work boots.
Mechanical advantage with no strings attached!
The innovative NINJA is a 6X mechanical-advantage orthosis, like a string brace, but using straps, not strings. The straps are more durable; they won't fray, tear, tangle, or wedge.
The NINJA belt is the foundation of each brace (L-0627, L-0631, and L-0637) in the NINJA Progressive Spinal System. It has a soft mesh inside and an aggressive loop outside. The one-pull strap is easy to tighten and fasten. The NINJA PRO is pictured.
HOPE Orthopedic: When you need it right fast!
Friddle's Vacuum Forming Hose is now available in three sizes and packaged in 5 lb. bags and 50 lb. bulk boxes. All hose are first quality, no seconds. Each one has a sewn toe. All hose are leggings only, no pantyhose. They are excellent for final laminations, and they are available with or without release agent. There are approximately 105 regular-sized hose per 5 lb. bag.
Friddle's Orthopedic Appliances
SPS is offering an additional 10% limited-time promotional discount on Orthomerica's® CALIFORNIA™ line of prefabricated spinal orthoses.
This limited-time offer is extended to SPS purchase orders through June 30, 2010, and is available exclusively through SPS.
- Includes ECO, Soft Spinal System, Mid-Profile, Chairback, Compression, Compressor, Compressor Combo C3, CPO, LOMBAR™, Low Profile, CEO™ Cruciform, Corset Brace, COSMIC™, Kydex® Chairback, and Knight Taylor brace, as well as LIDO2® Cervical System.
- Specifically excludes AirBack® Spinal System, MRI Extended Cervical Orthosis, Supra-Lite™ Cervical Orthosis, TORSO Lite™ Spinal System, and TORSO™ Spinal System.
New ALPHA® Original MP Liners are on SPS shelves and have the same great attributes, design, and materials you have come to know and love in the ALPHA Original Liner, but at a fabulous new lower price.
The new Original MP Liner provides reliable performance for a wide range of amputees as it surrounds the residual limb with skin-friendly, mineral-oil-based gel containing vitamin E.
- Available in six of the most popular sizes (small to extra large) to accommodate proximal circumferences of 9-28 in.
- Cushion (ALC) or locking (ALL) styles available.
- Gray-green fabric cover only.
- 6mm uniform thickness only.
The Model 1017-A38 Knee Joint, from Becker Orthopedic, is a modular, lever-lock knee joint with a locking mechanism that will automatically engage when the joint reaches full extension. The modular design increases manufacturing options and allows for easier maintenance of the orthosis.
- Automatic angled lever-lock knee joint.
- Heavy duty design-up to 320 lb.
- 3/8 in. x 3/4 in. (9.5mm x 19.1mm) aluminum uprights.
- Modular design for use in unilateral or double upright configuration.
- Can be fabricated into orthotic designs including conventional metal and leather, thermoplastics, and composites.
PEL Supply Company
New: Ultraflex Universal Joint - Comparably Smaller, Lighter, and Stronger
The Ultraflex Universal Joint uses a tried-and-true clevis design for maximum M-L strength, yet is extremely lightweight and low profile. The Ultraflex Universal Joint is comparatively smaller, lighter, and stronger. It can be used on ankles, elbows, or wrists, as well as for both adult and pediatric applications.Recommended as a companion joint to Ultraflex ADR™. Molding dummy included. Dimensions: Length: 17/16 in., width: 7/16 in., height: 19/64 in., weight: 0.5 oz.
Find your Balance!
Otto Bock's 6Y93 Balance Copolymer Liner was designed for low to moderate activity level transtibial amputees. The user-friendly, heat-moldable copolymer (TPE) material offers great protection against socket forces for both cushion and locking liners, while encapsulated medical-grade mineral oil keeps skin supple and moisturized. Its unique shape is designed with balance in mind too, with differing wall thicknesses to provide 6mm of cushioning and reduced shear forces where your patients need it-and 3mm of anti-bunching flexibility where they don't. Find out more about how you can get your patients in Balance today.
Otto Bock HealthCare
The Elite Blade is a lightweight foot that combines great deflection for running response with a free and easy walking action. If you had to choose only one, this would be it!
Features and benefits include:
- Independent e-carbon heel and toe springs.
- Sliding and rotating male pyramid adapter.
- Length guide for ease of setup; LowProfile version is pre-cut to the minimum height.
- Dynamic pylon deflects to optimize running and ensure relaxed and comfortable walking.
- 365-lb. weight rating.
- Foot shell, glide sock, proximal pyramid, and fitting clamp included.
Having established innovation as its hallmark, SPS is pleased to introduce the latest creation from Touch Bionics™, the Dynamic Flex Covering for the i-LIMB™ hand.
The new Dynamic Flex Covering applies high-volume manufacturing techniques to a lifelike silicone pigmentation process, resulting in a lower-cost cover with excellent features and durability.
- Interior shape designed to optimize the performance of the i-LIMB hand.
- Ten color options available to match the patient's skin tone.
- Lifelike silicone pigmentation process provides color accuracy.
- Reinforced with Kevlar® and Lycra® for longer life and durability.
The new Black Iron Trainer is a lighter version of the heavy-duty, high-performance Black Iron Master. While the Black Iron Trainer is smaller and lighter in weight, it is capable of handling the wide range of handle diameters that are encountered in modern fitness and exercise facilities.
The completely manual operation and positive locking and unlocking design provide uncompromising security and stability for bench pressing, dumbbell flys, dead lifts, pull-downs, and more. The Black Iron Trainer, with a load-rating of 440 lb., also carries a smaller price tag than its larger cousin.