The Genesis Plus Foot Ankle System from MICA Corp. provides the truest, most natural range-of-motion (ROM) of any foot available within the industry.
Features and benefits include:
- Newly redesigned, with reduced height and weight.
- Rated up to 330 lb.
- Easy bumper replacement and free lifetime warranty on all urethanes and bushings.
- 30-day trial period from fitting date.
- Extremely ground compliant with full ROM.
100% American made. Support your country's economy!
"Skill is the unified force of experience, intellect and passion...."
You have the intellect and the passion! Build your experience and skill at a NUPOC Certificate Course in Prosthetics/ Orthotics. Enter the field or extend your title. Very few Certificate Courses remain before the 2013 master of science mandate. We welcome all highly motivated individuals who want to be prosthetists and orthotists. For more information, e-mail
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Northwestern University Prosthetics/Orthotics Center
Provel offers cost-effective, fast, easy-to-use, and reliable O&P automation. The D2 digitizer, C5 carver, and T6 thermoformer are appropriate for small clinics as well as large central fabs. All are AOP-file compatible and backed by a two-year warranty. The D2 digitizer allows automated shape capture of prosthetic casts with unmatched accuracy. The C5 carver is not only fast and precise, its self-contained dust-collection system is extremely quiet. The T6 thermoformer consistently produces high-quality thermoplastic sockets from industry-standard preforms.
Orthofeet is introducing innovative Slip-On® men's dress shoes with a wide opening and a hook-and-loop strap that enables easy on/off. The shoes are made using the same anatomical last as all Orthofeet casual shoes.
Additional comfort features include:
- Soft fabric lining with seamless construction.
- Soft leather with foam padding.
- Lightweight cushioning sole with Ergonomic-Stride™ design.
SKINGUARD® Technology silicone liners 6Y75 and 6Y85 from Otto Bock are made with an innovative antibacterial additivethat protects against a wide range of microorganisms. The high-tech material helps increase comfort and durability, improves hygiene, and reduces odor. Best of all, the benefits of SKINGUARD are now available for your transtibial and transfemoral patients who use shuttle-lock systems—and at no extra cost! To learn more, contact your Otto Bock sales representative.
Otto Bock HealthCare
The newly improved RHEO KNEE®, the latest addition to Össur's innovative bionic line, offers an increased weight limit (275 lb.), increased torque, faster swing speed, and improved aesthetics. Thanks to its low build height, the RHEO KNEE is compatible with the entire Össur Flex-Foot line. Together they deliver maximum dynamics and a natural gait experience. The RHEO KNEE recognizes and responds immediately to changes in speed, load, and terrain, restoring the user's ability to walk naturally, comfortably, and confidently at any speed.
The Pentagon™, from Anatomical Concepts, is a posterior fitting, single-upright, five-function knee orthosis that provides the orthopedic/rehabilitation team with a patient friendly alternative to the traditional bulky double-upright hinged-knee device configuration. This system allows the calf and thigh segments to dynamically shorten and lengthen with the patient's extremity during knee flexion and extension. Compensation for this shortening and lengthening is through the use of a patented, free-motion cam that is incorporated into the thigh and calf cuffs. The Pentagon is available in adult #1150 and pediatric #1050 sizes. ROM only variation also available.
Anatomical Concepts Inc.
The prefabricated California™ Soft Spinal Original provides a comprehensive range of control including Orthomerica's NEW posterior spinal relief option.
- Modular rigid components system inside a soft, comfortable interface.
- The strapping arrangement provides easy-to-adjust compression, for all ages.
- Hypo-allergenic, breathable foam wicks moisture away from patient's skin.
- Pre-formed ABS (plastic) neutral or pendulous anterior insert panel, neutral (15 degrees) or 0 degrees posterior insert panels.
- Pre-drilled components for retrofitting and interchangeability.
PEL Supply Company
OPTEC's Stealth is easy to don and doff, and is our most popular anterior-opening brace. The closure system provides smooth compression that can be regulated by your patients. Your patients will actively participate in their rehabilitation by adjusting compression and support to the desired level, enhancing comfort and compliance.
Order OPTEC Stealth white braces—Stealth LSO and LSO LP, Stealth X2 and X4, Stealth Pro 2 and Pro 4—now through December 31, 2010, to receive $75 OFF the regular price.
OPTEC's Stealth LSO, LSO LP continues to be L0637.
SPS will lend a pink-covered hand to raise awareness and fight breast cancer. For each SPS order of Trulife Breast Forms during the 4th quarter of 2010, you will receive one FREE box (100-count) of Medline's Generation pink gloves.
All Trulife Breast Forms stocked by SPS are eligible for this promotion, including Trulife's new BodiCool, which provides a constant cooling effect by continuously drawing excess heat away from a woman's body. All sizes and shapes of the Harmony, Symphony, SoLight, Active, Featherweight, and partials are included.
The GXL-Knee (GX-Locking Knee) incorporates the best of both worlds from our Key Lock™ (1015) and GX-Knee (9000) knee joints. Integrating the extension-assist feature of the GX-Knee with the locking mechanism of the Key Lock gives you and your patient a whole new level of confidence and convenience.
Model 9015 is a free-motion knee joint that is designed to provide extension assist, not prevent knee flexion. In addition, the GXL-Knee has the option of locking at full extension for use as a locked knee joint.
The new WalkOn® Trimable and the WalkOn® Flex AFOs by Otto Bock HealthCare offer high quality with quick customization.
You now have a choice of support coupled with the simplicity of shaping the footplate with scissors, allowing you to deliver personalized solutions to your patients wherever they are. Providing a symmetrical and fluid gait pattern with a natural heel strike and good energy return, the new WalkOn Trimable and WalkOn Flex AFOs also encourage outward rotation of the foot during heel strike.
To learn more, contact your Otto Bock sales representative.
Otto Bock HealthCare
The new BSN medical Delta Cast® Saw is now available at Friddle's. The Delta Cast Saw has low noise and vibration levels, making it one of the more comfortable cast saws for patients and doctors. The Delta Cast Saw is very durable and comes with a two-year warranty. It is well balanced and has a comfortable grip for easy handling. The saw also features two speeds for a variety of cutting options and comes with the new CryoCoat™ blade that stays sharper and cooler than most cast-saw blades.
Friddle's Orthopedic Appliances
OPTEC consistently offers high-quality, cutting-edge products at a fair price. OPTEC also helps your practice to be successful by submitting braces to the Pricing, Data Analysis, and Coding (PDAC) Center.
PDAC recently reviewed many OPTEC products with the following decisions: VertaMax L0627; Stealth PRO L0631; Stealth Rehab L0627; Stealth X L0637; Stealth LSO LP L0637; Stealth CB L0637; Stealth Xtreme L0637; Stealth TLSO with DLK L0462; and Stealth TLSO with ATE L0464, along with many custom spinal products.
The Stealth LSO, Oasis LSO, and Oasis LSO LP continue to be L0637.
Orthomerica® Products is pleased to introduce the Spectrum™ AFO product line. Our innovative designs have been tested and refined in several high-volume orthotic centers of excellence. The resulting high-quality custom AFOs, with synthetic and leather ankle gauntlets, offer optimal fit and are less expensive in today's ultra cost-conscious environment.
Spectrum AFO products include:
- Leather gauntlet: Top-quality leather- work translates to patient comfort.
- Synthetic gauntlet: Virtually indestructible, easily washed, waterproof material serves as an alternative for those allergic to leather.
- Three styles of mid-calf AFOs: Split Upright, Dorsi-Assist, and Free Motion.
The Vista® TX has multiple adjustment points to ensure a comfortable, effective fit for the vast majority of patient anatomies. Like the Vista Collar, Aspen Medical's Vista TX is fully adjustable, requiring only one size.
- Angle-adjustment mechanism on the chest provides a custom angle for each person. Height-adjustment dial provides a custom length on the torso.
- Because the TX unit is mounted on the bottom of the Vista Collar, skin care and cervical restriction are not compromised for thoracic support.
- The torso height dial facilitates anatomical changes and allows varying positions.
New: Ultraflex Universal Joint — Comparably Smaller, Lighter, and Stronger
The Ultraflex Universal Joint uses a tried-and-true clevis design for maximum M-L strength, yet is extremely lightweight and low profile. The Ultraflex Universal Joint is comparatively smaller, lighter, and stronger. It can be used on ankles, elbows, or wrists, as well as for both adult and pediatric applications.Recommended as a companion joint to Ultraflex ADR™. Molding dummy included. Dimensions: Length: 17/16 in., width: 7/16 in., height: 19/64 in., weight: 0.5 oz.
Javelin's design has been streamlined to focus on the essential mechanisms that govern walking—flexibility, stability, and terrain compliance—in a lightweight envelope that delivers an enjoyable walking experience.
- Slim line continuous shin and toe spring flexes for greater energy return and reduced back, knee, and leg muscles strain.
- Easy cosmetic finishing of minimalist profile.
- Fitting jig allows accurate limb performance and alignment assessment before final cutting and drilling.
- Full-length version assembled to carrier and installed in foot shell; fitting jig included for determining proper length. Low profile ships fully assembled.
Two-Day Turn-Around Time!
Becker Oregon's CRO Walker is a neuropathic healing boot designed to offer maximum flexibility and patient comfort, as well as ease of maintenance for the attending practitioner. The orthosis consists of a custom-molded clamshell design in your choice of composites or thermoplastics, with a removable, self-molding plantar liner and sub-liner available in 5mm and 10mm Plastazote® or Aliplast®. Removable, interchangeable liners allow for swelling and edema issues and assist in cleaning and replacement.
Ossur's redesigned PROPRIO FOOT® with EVO™ uses intelligent ankle flexion to help wearers walk confidently and naturally. Its lifelike gait reduces stress on the back, hips, and knees, allowing users to walk longer, farther, and more comfortably.
- Detects toe-off, triggering dorsiflexion during swing phase to safely clear the ground, curbs, and terrain irregularities.
- Senses and responds rapidly to ground-level gradient changes by adjusting ankle angulation.
- Dramatically simplifies stair ascent and descent.
- At the push of a button, the PROPRIO FOOT automatically aligns itself, adapting to a wide variety of footwear.
The Entegra SV (smaller version) knee has hydraulic swing phase control. The polished finish allows it to be used with or without a cosmetic cover. It features four modular proximal attachment component configurations: pyramid, four-hole, threaded, and spectrum alignment slide. The proximal attachment design permits knee rotation alignment.
- Seven-inches (18cm) tall.
- 135-degree range of motion.
- Integrated kneeling pad.
- Rugged through-bolt design.
- Maintenance-free Oilite® sleeve bearings.
- Standard pyramid adapter included.
- Integrated distal pyramid.
- ISO tested and rated for 220 lb. (100kg).
PEL Supply Company
The new THRIVE™ from Freedom Innovations is the world's first load-activated prosthetic foot. Ideal for those who work in construction, farming, or any occupation that requires heavy lifting, the dual-keel design manages additional loads (up to 30% of the user's body weight) by providing incremental support. This ensures consistent performance and ultimately greater confidence among users.
A New Turn for Fusion and DuraLite Feet
A new proximal adapter option is available for the Fusion™ Foot and DuraLite™ Foot. The new Torsion Receiver mounts on top of the Fusion or DuraLite shank and requires no drilling. The proximal end is a pyramid receiver. A sense of natural movement is attributed to the 24-degrees internal rotation and 24-degrees external rotation. It is this rotation that lets wearers turn or rotate in or out just as they do on their sound side. Additionally, clinicians may adjust the stiffness of the Torsion Receiver to one of six levels.
Ohio Willow Wood
Available on Truper®, Venture®, Tribute®, and Onyx® feet, this adjustable system from College Park allows quick and easy gait adjustments without disassembly. A practitioner can easily fine tune the feel of the foot, increasing comfort and function. A simple turn of a 4mm hex key can change the amount of preload in the system resulting in a perceptible change in motion resistance. A user can feel as little as a ¼-turn of the Stride Control™. Align perfectly the first time, every time, with College Park's Stride Control feature.
College Park Industries
MC Wrist Rotator
- Two new versions—both mount in the forearm.
- Standard: Use with ProControl2, U3, or Utah Hybrid.
- ProWrist: Use with microprocessor-controlled TDs.
- Two times the speed and torque of previous versions.
- New lamination collar—available in three sizes.
- In-hand version also available—built into MC Hand or ETD.
The new Alpha® Select Cushion Liner is appropriate for amputees wearing the 6mm uniform Alpha Liner but desiring the benefits of progressive gel.
- Progressive gel: Measures 9mm distally and 6mm over the tibial crest, thinning to 2.5mm behind the knee and proximally.
- Hybrid gel: Provides comfort and durability. It protects the limb from impact and resists excessive elongation.
- Select panel: An abrasion-resistant yet flexible fabric panel allows the limb to easily flex without pulling or tightening at the knee.
- Controlled pistoning: One-way stretch fabric controls pistoning without a distal matrix.
New: The Adjustable Dynamic Response™ (ADR™) KAFO—No Cable Release Option.
When an AFO is not enough to treat severe crouch and gross LE weakness, the Ultraflex ADR™ KAFO provides a good alternative.
Features and benefits include:
- Safe stance control without locking the knee, ADR™ 0-30° flexion
- Sit-to-standing ratchet support from 120°flexion to full extension
- Low profile, sit-to-stand slide lock/safety release is easy to engage and disengage
- ADR™ ankle, 0-40°dorsiflexion, 0-40° plantarflexion resistance or dampening effects
- Adult and pediatric versions
Becker Orthopedic's new Model 1018 knee joint promotes full extension by providing knee stability to the patient through a range of flexion. The joint features a long, angled, locking lever that is easy for the patient to operate. The lever may also be shortened or configured into a standard bail.
Model 1018 is interchangeable with Becker's 1017, 9005, and 9006 models, allowing the practitioner to quickly and easily change the knee joint function from locked (1017), to ratchet lock (1018), to stance control (9005/9006) at any time during the rehabilitation process.
PEL Supply Company
Application strap numbering: REST and GRIP hand splints.
Eliminate application call backs.
Features and benefits include:
- Provide more control
- Save time
- Achieve better outcomes
- Transform lives
Average weight of the "K Series" feet is 7 oz. (including foot shell and titanium pyramid). Patent and patent pending.
Visit www.dycormfg.com for additional information and (weight) chart.