The Syncor Original TES Belt was designed for clients with transfemoral amputations. The Silesian design evens out stress and eliminates the pull-down feeling associated with girdle-style belts. A wide, 360 degree, textured grip cuff grips a maximum surface with no air leaks, and a proportional adductor panel increases suspension capabilities.
Features and benefits include:
- User-friendly design includes a hand loop for easy donning/doffing.
- Replaceable Velcro® closure extends the wear of the belt.
- Low-profile design, with an anti-roll, anti-bunch panel.
- Reinforced, color-matched seams; washable.
- Sizes range from infant to XXL. Custom orders are welcome.
Designed with independent, multiaxial (iMX) technology, the WalkTek™ prosthetic foot represents a breakthrough in performance for K2-level amputees.
Featuring fully independent suspension with separate heel and toe compliance, WalkTek provides excellent stability and support. Users will experience increased confidence. Prosthetists will appreciate the 300-lb. weight rating and easy-to-access ankle-height adjustments.
WillowWood's newest member of the Alpha® family of liners is the Alpha Silicone Liner. The proprietary platinum-cured, medical-grade silicone is designed for comfort and performance.
Alpha Silicone Liner benefits include:
New: Enhanced adult Adjustable Dynamic Response™ (ADR™), UltraSafeStep® for managing gait dysfunction.
New enhanced joint design benefits include:
- 100% more dynamic
- 40% lighter
- 30% smaller
- 5% stronger
- Improved corrosion resistance.
- Improved adjustable dynamic load response and magnitude.
- Covered by existing L-codes
Adults: Post-stroke, post-polio syndrome, and ankle instability. Adolescents: Cerebral palsy, spinal bifida, TBI, challenging neurological and developmental conditions, post-stroke, indiopathic toe-walking syndrome, and spinal-cord pathology
New feature allows patients to temporarily deactivate the locking function—great for biking or physical therapy! The integrated, low-profile joint provides the best in electronic stance control and helps patients achieve a more active lifestyle. Simple, onboard programming helps the E-MAG Active calibrate itself to the user's unique gait pattern, adding a new dimension of functionality for people who previously have had limited bracing options, such as a locked knee or manual device. Help your patients get back into the swing of things with the E-MAG Active!
Otto Bock HealthCare
Becker Oregon's CRO Walker is a neuropathic healing boot designed to offer maximum flexibility and patient comfort, as well as ease of maintenance for the attending practitioner. The orthosis consists of a custom-molded clamshell design in your choice of composites or thermoplastics, with a removable, self-molding plantar liner and sub-liner available in 5mm and 10mm Plastazote® or Aliplast®. Removable, interchangeable liners allow for swelling and edema issues and assist in cleaning and replacement.
Combining comfort and support that is out of this world!
Galaxy LSO LP is part of OPTEC USA's newest line of spinal braces. The brace features our patented CROSSOVER closure system, as well as durable, polyurethane panels with a comfortable, removable liner. The Galaxy's anterior opening provides easy donning and doffing, and the adjustable strap length ensures a comfortable fit for your patients.
OPTEC's Galaxy LSO LP is approved by PDAC for L-0627 coding.
Contact Optec USA for all your bracing needs, or visit our website.
Orthomerica® Products is pleased to introduce the new Spectrum™ Slim™, a valuable addition to our latest Spectrum AFO product line. This slimmer and sleeker eye-catching gauntlet is designed to allow your patients a greater range of shoe options. The Spectrum Slim is ideal for patients who find standard gauntlets a challenge to get into a shoe. Its lowprofile design makes donning and doffing much easier for the patient, and its soft leather off ers maximum comfort. The Spectrum Slim is available in black or tan leather, and black or white synthetic material.
Orthofeet is offering innovative, Extra Roomy diabetic socks that are engineered with unique functional features including:
- White soles of all socks with a variety of colors for the leg area.
- Inverse design of toe linking offers the ultimate seam-free interior.
- Non-constricting welt and loose-knit construction.
- DryPlex™ moisture-wicking system.
- Bamboo fibers offer an ultra-soft interior that minimizes friction.
- Brushless DC motor for MC Hand and ETD.
- Works with the new advanced ProHand option.
- 25% higher speed.
- Demonstrated long-life motor.
The Seattle Turas is Trulife's medium-activity foot for K3 transfemoral and transtibial amputees, and it is available from PEL Supply.
Features and benefits include:
- Dynamic, split-keel design.
- Enhanced plantarflexion at heel strike for early foot stability.
- Removable, split-toe foot shell.
- Integrated multiaxial composite ankle.
- Maximum weight of 113kg (250 lb.).
Contact PEL Supply for more information on the Seattle Turas—and all available Seattle feet.
PEL Supply Company
Featuring a Newly Enhanced Slip-Resistant Interface.
The Pacific™ Adjustable Collar has been enhanced to provide patients with effective control of cervical spine motion. The collar now features a slip-resistant interface to achieve increased security while also ensuring optimal alignment.
- New, slip-resistant interface ensures optimal alignment and increased security.
- Thick, open-cell foam liners provide comfort, breathability.
- Low-density polyethylene shells provide stability, flexibility.
- Accommodates all your adult patients in two adjustable sizes.
- New, reduced price.
A simple solution for same-day fabrication in your facility, the new M Cut-4-Custom from Allard USA can be fabricated in your facility in less than an hour!
Features and benefits include:
- Becomes soft and ready to mold to patient contours in less than ten minutes.
- Solidified and finished LSO or TLSO in about 20 minutes.
- Front and back sections are pre-cut with straps pre-attached.
- Four heights accommodate prescriptions and patient anatomies.
- Interchangeable backs and fronts sold separately.
- Lightweight, aerated for breathability.
- X-ray translucent and okay for shower.
PEL Supply Company
Every ToeOFF® and BlueRocker™ should have a soft interface between the orthosis and tibial crest. We now offer a beige SoftKIT™ to match perfectly with the ivory-colored ToeOFF Fantasy.
The kit includes pre-cut, pressure-sensitive MikroFIX tabs to easily affix the pad to the orthosis. The system also includes two narrow neoprene pads to create a pressure-free channel to help relieve any potential discomfort from bony prominences.
Each SoftKIT comes with an extra pad so that one can be worn while the other is being laundered.
New: The Adjustable Dynamic Response™ (ADR™) KAFO-No Cable Release Needed.
When an AFO is not enough to treat severe crouch and gross LE weakness, the Ultraflex ADR KAFO provides a good alternative.
Features and benefits include:
- Safe stance control without locking the knee, ADR 0-30° flexion.
- Sit-to-standing ratchet support from 120° flexion to full extension.
- Low profile, sit-to-stand slide lock/safety release is easy to engage and disengage.
- ADR ankle, 0-40° dorsiflexion, 0-40° plantarflexion resistance or dampening effects.
- Adult and pediatric versions.
Brand new for 2011! Delivering a lower profile, the Velocity™ foot's coupled toe springs work together to provide a progressively smooth roll over. It combines high functionality and no maintenance, with easy heel adjustment capabilities for fine-tuning. Call now for the special introductory price.
Key features include:
- Smooth control from heel strike to toe off , throughout stance phase.
- Highly sophisticated dynamic response.
- Maintenance-free design.
- Precision gait matched for out-of-the-box performance.
- Weight limit up to 125kg (275 lb.), three-year warranty.
- Same-day, custom built to order.
College Park Industries
Ready for the beach or pool, Otto Bock now offers a line of waterproof components! Designed specifically for use in the water, the Aqualine® waterproof prosthesis provides waterproof protection for either below-knee or above-knee users. The Aqualine components are perfect for use as a shower leg or for other water activities. The Aqualine accommodates users who weigh up to 330 pounds and includes specially modified adapters, pylons, and a tube clamp along with the waterproof knee and foot.
Call your local sales representative to learn more.
Otto Bock Healthcare
Knit-Rite's SmartKnit® AFO socks are now available in a new infant-small size. The width measures 1½" and the length measures 7½". Each patented SmartKnit AFO and KAFO is a seam-free, wrinkle-free sock that fits like a second layer of skin, providing exceptional softness and wicks moisture away from the skin. In addition to being free of seams and the pressure that seams cause, each sock features a "heel-less" design to ensure a perfect fit every time.
- Stronger and lighter than conventional metal uprights.
- Thermoformable contouring using heat gun or oven.
- Accommodates smaller radii bends.
- Increased stiffness and flexibility of carbon composite.
- Will not corrode, unlike conventional metal uprights.
- Uses innovative post pre-preg carbon material.
- Optimized attachment plates for conventional metal joints.
TFC Orthotic Uprights photo shown as custom fabrication.
Just in time for your end-of-year push, SPS is offering an additional 20% off all Answer 2™ and SureFit brand shoes. With more than 80 styles of men's, women's, and children's shoes to choose from, you are sure to score big savings on your favorite dress, casual, athletic, or walking shoes.
This limited-time offer includes the new Answer 2 accommodative Speed Lacers and Hi-Tops for children and Synchronized Walking Shoe for adults. The biggest shoe savings of the year ends December 31, 2011.
Quality Outcomes introduces its latest program: Q-Chart™, a HIPAA-compliant, simple, cost-effective, and efficient way for small practices to document pedorthic care.
With Q-Chart, practices can spend more time on patient care and less time writing notes. Designed for all O&P disciplines, Q-Chart uses chart forms that ensure all relevant and required documentation is included in each patient's clinical record. Q-Chart features all clinical elements to meet Medicare accreditation requirements and payer standards.
Poorly documented care can cost O&P practices time and money in correcting charting errors. Using Q-Chart can help eliminate that concern. Learn more at www.q-chart.com
"Skill is the unified force of experience, intellect and passion...."
You have the intellect and the passion! Build your experience and skill at a NUPOC Certificate Course in Prosthetics/Orthotics. Enter the field or extend your title. Very few Certificate Courses remain before the 2013 master of science mandate. We welcome all highly motivated individuals who want to be prosthetists and orthotists. For more information, e-mail
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Northwestern University Prosthetics/Orthotics Center
Comfort Products offers six different styles of diabetic socks. Each style is designed to offer significant benefits for the particular needs of every diabetic patient. We were the first company to offer a seamless diabetic sock. With three different adult sizes, along with a wide range of fashionable colors in all styles, you can be assured of a perfect solution for every diabetic patient.
- Traditional Diabetic Socks.
- Seamfree™ Diabetic Socks.
- Seamfree X-Tra™ Diabetic Socks.
- Seamfree Silver™ Diabetic Socks.
- Double Lay-R™ Diabetic Socks.
- Healthy Soles™ Diabetic Socks.