College Park Industries has increased its offerings to include a line of commonly used endoskeletal components. Utilizing knowledge from 25 years of material research and product design, these endo components are carefully engineered for structural integrity and noise abatement. Tested to the highest quality standards, the endo components perfectly complement the performance and outcomes that College Park prosthetic feet are known for.
College Park Industries
Exclusively from SPS and made in
the U.S.A., CoolBlue prosthetic
socks are cool, comfortable, and
- Made of 98% Premium CoolMax® and 2% Lycra® fibers, moisture is drawn away from the skin and evaporates quickly.
- Now available in closed distal end and reinforced distal end options.
- Can be trimmed to fit without unraveling.
- Color coded for ease in sock ply identification. Available in one-, three-, five-, and six-ply.
- Thirty-day satisfaction guarantee against manufacturing defects.
The avalon foot provides 12° of controlled ankle motion, allowing the user to safely negotiate stairs, ramps, and environmental obstacles with increased confidence and security.
- Dorsiflexes from midstance to toe off for a smooth rollover.
- Remains dorsiflexed through swing phase for improved toe clearance, to minimize the risk of falls.
- Provides a more natural gait; reduces the need to compensate by hip hiking, circumduction, or lifting the knee to clear the toe during swing phase.
- Biomimetic ankle motion encourages equal loading during ambulation, which leads to less stress and thereby preserves the sound side.
The BTS G-Walk is the first
pocket-size gait lab that provides
evaluation of spatial temporal gait
parameters. This cellphone-
wireless unit provides accurate,
objective, and measured gait
symmetry data. Graphical
analysis is instantaneously
transmitted to your computer,
comparing your patient's gait to the normal average.
Think of the benefits to your patients, your practice, your
referral sources, and your claims justifications.
The Ortho Remedy
Give your patients the most advanced KAFO technology combined with the most advanced fabrication! Ottobock's line of KAFOs is now available in prepreg, creating KAFOs up to 40 percent lighter than laminated alternatives. Prepreg also creates more consistent fabrication outcomes that avoid unwanted buildups.
Ottobock Fabrication Services offers decades of expertise, exceptional customer service, and an unparalleled reputation for quality. Our expert services include water transfer, lamination, and prepreg carbon fiber. You can count on timely turnaround and delivering the results you want.
The medial Arch Suspender is
an innovation that provides an
adjustable lifting strap under the
talonavicular joint to resist collapse
of the medial arch and ankle and
hindfoot eversion. This modification
is indicated for severe PTTD and
severe pronation disorders of the hindfoot.
The lateral Arch Suspender resists ankle or hindfoot inversion.
Indications include peroneal tendinopathy and varus deformity of
the ankle and rearfoot.
Casting methods and tips are available on our website. Certified
pedorthists are available to answer questions regarding Richie
Hersco Ortho Labs
New for 2013: The AMP CAM Attachment Kit. The game changer!
The BTK AMP CAM Kit allows the highest tuning of tendon response within further progression of knee flexion.
Features and benefits include:
- Mimics natural muscle function.
- Adjustable tendon durometers.
- Adjustable extension stops.
- Adjustable dampening and rebound.
- 350 lb., K4+ activity.
- Use in any environment.
- Light and strong.
- Military approved.
Have your patients experience the 3S80 Fitness Prosthesis—ask for a trial kit, which includes the 3S80 Fitness Knee, a variety of adapters, and a series of 1E90 Sprinter feet. The 3S80 Fitness Prosthesis makes it possible for your transfemoral patients to get up and move again, thereby increasing strength and mobility and enhancing overall health. Contact your sales representative to schedule a trial fitting. If you know which products your patients need, simply call our customer service department to order.
Available on all Custom Origin Liners for greater freedom of movement.
Evolution Industries Inc.
The FullStride™ Shadow from Becker Oregon is a lightweight KAFO that combines structural strength and cosmetic appeal with the FullStride mechanical stance-control orthotic knee joint. The inherent rigidity of the FullStride Shadow ensures that optimal joint alignment and function are maintained throughout the gait cycle.
Constructed of lightweight and rigid composite materials, the FullStride Shadow's sleek and open design offers patients an unparalleled blend of form and function.
Finally, a humeral fracture orthosis (HFO) that will fit—because you fabricate it! The innovative, lightweight, and breathable 3D-LITE™ thermoplastic is pre-cut to fabricate an HFO. The 3D-LITE can be softened in three to five minutes using a heat gun or oven, allowing it to be custom molded to your patient's anatomy or easily remolded to assure continued intimate fit as any edema subsides. The kit includes straps and hardware, which are ready for you to attach and position to achieve optimum stabilization. Fabricate your own custom HFO in less than 30 minutes!
The Genu Sleeve is a transtibial suspension sleeve that provides
the ultimate in comfort, suspension, and ease of use.
- Inner TPE gel surface provides optimal sealing and suspension.
- Longitudinal-knit cuff allows generous radial stretch for a secure and comfortable fit.
- Round-knit textile cover means no seams to unravel or irritate.
- Comfort zone knitting in patella and popliteal region for greater freedom of movement during knee flexion.
- Smooth outer textile slides easily against itself for simple donning.
- Includes free inner protector sleeve (also available separately).
- Can be used with the new medi Vacu-Valve with simple fabrication.
New Pneumatic Swing Phase Control Four-Axis Knee.
Matik, the latest release from PROTEOR, is designed to provide an affordable yet efficient and maintenance-free polycentric knee.
- Pneumatic knee with extension spring to provide full extension during stamping and slow walking.
- Secure four-axis geometry for high stability during stance phase.
- One inch of toe clearance during swing.
- Compact and lightweight: 26.21 oz.
- Rated up to 275 lb.; adapted for K2 users.
- Proximal connection, pyramidal or M36 threaded.
- Separated flexion-resistance and extension-dampering adjustments.
The California® Catalina™ 637 and 631 deliver effective compression to the painful region to localize the patient's therapy while maintaining comfort. The Catalina 637 also contains rigid side panels to provide additional lateral support.
The Catalina's unique two-pull closure system makes it easy to fit and simple for the patient to don and doff. It limits motion and provides effective compression for the relief of lower back pain, making it ideal throughout rehabilitation treatment.
Available in sizes XS through 4XL.
The PreStride4™ Model 9008 utilizes our
new Stride4 (Patent Pending) stance control knee joint that comprises a four-bar linkage mechanism and three modes of operation: stance control, free motion, and locked with stance phase flexion. An integral extension-assist spring housed within the midsection assists with knee extension, while an adjustable extension stop allows the clinician to adjust and fine-tune the point at which the joint enters its stable/locked state.
Amfit is the world leader in equipment and software for manufacturing custom foot orthotics quickly, accurately, and at a low cost. Choose either of our 3-D scanners—the Contact Digitizer™ or the Impress Scanner—and combine it with the Amfit CAD/CAM Mill to fabricate superior custom foot orthotics in your own facility. Our Correct & Confirm™ software is highly accurate and easy to use. Amfit combines cutting-edge technology and more than 25 years of global experience—making us the best choice for any foot care professional.
medi USA is proud to introduce
the SLEEQ® series of spinal bracing
solutions. The SLEEQ Spinal Therapy
System's InvisAdjust™ technology
enables a universal fit for nearly all
patients while dramatically reducing
the hassle and cost of unwanted
inventory. SLEEQ's state-of-the-art
TruGlide™ tightening makes it easy
to achieve optimal compression for the most effective pain
relief. The advanced eco-friendly Q-Lex™ OrthoSport Material
promotes air flow to keep patients cool and dry. The low-profile
ventilated AeroFlex™ support system automatically conforms
to the patient's anatomy for a custom fit, providing optimum
comfort and pain management or operative treatment support.
KiddieROCKER™ is the newest addition to Allard's pediatric
dynamic response AFOs. Developed for your pediatric population
with more involved pathology, the extra rigidity offers enhanced
balance and posture control, especially for weak quadriceps.
Features and benefits include:
- Carbon composite with anterior shell, lateral strut, and engineered footplate with open calcaneal design.
- Allows integration of your custom foot orthotic to help control ground-up forces.
- Lateral strut can serve as a base for a T-strap to control excessive ankle eversion.
- Anterior shell assists in management of proximal deficits by helping manage either knee hyperextension or crouch gait.
SPS is proud to carry the new Valor
compression liner sock from Swiftwick.
Made in the U.S.A., the VALOR is the most
advanced moisture-managing compression
liner sock ever created for amputees.
This revolutionary new solution-worn
under the liner and against the skin-is
made with Olefin, a Nobel Prize-winning,
environmentally friendly fiber.
The VALOR's sculptured compression
construction incorporates Swiftwick's patented
active antimicrobial technology, providing
superior moisture, bacteria, and volume
fluctuations control. Ask your rep about the
Swiftwick liner sock today!
- Scoliosis Management
- Spinal Trauma Management
- Lower-Limb Orthotics Management
Spinal Technology is hosting the annual Scoliosis Symposium,
with the addition of lower-limb orthotics management, in Boston,
Massachusetts. The course will cover measurement techniques
and brace options for lower-limb orthotics, full-time scoliosis
bracing protocol for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, and the Providence
Nocturnal Scoliosis System, with hands-on demonstrations
in each segment. Presenters include Tufts Medical Center
orthopedic surgeons, a Tufts neurosurgeon, and ABC-certified
practitioners. Eligible practitioners can earn 16.25 ABC credits
for attending the full presentation. Contact Nancy Francis at
or 508.775.0990 x8374.
Hersco has a new line of Tri Lam
custom foot orthotics with several
material choices. Tri Lam technology
layers materials of different
durometers, giving the practitioner
the ability to vary thickness and shock
absorption. Hersco Tri Lams include
Plastazote and PPT for accommodative
devices, or more durable Sky for
active patients. You can also choose the base layer of firmer cork
or softer EVA.
More information and pictures are available on our website.
Certified pedorthists are ready to answer any questions you may
have regarding our custom products.
Hersco Ortho Labs
The soft silicone ring creates an airtight seal, an alternative to suspension sleeves.
Evolution Industries Inc.
The echelonVT merges the fluid movement of our hydraulic ankle with the responsive function of our e-carbon foot springs and machined titanium spring. This combination results in a smooth heel-to-toe transition on all surfaces, absorbs ground forces, and provides energetic tibial progression and up to 15° of axial rotation.
- Self-aligning feature provides comfort while standing or traversing varied terrain.
- Independent, hydraulic-controlled plantarflexion and dorsiflexion.
- Hydraulic ankle dorsiflexes, which allows for greater toe clearance in swing phase.
- A dynamic, precision-engineered spring enhances the ankle's fluid movement.
- Foot shell and glide sock included.
Capture 3D data for custom
foot orthotics and custom
shoes in no time. The
ultra-portable 3D camera
is super convenient, easy
to use, and provides significant
cost savings and
enhanced turnaround time.
Stay in control, stay ahead,
and stay cleaner! Call to
find out how you can get
Apis Footwear Co.
Revolimb™ Powered by Boa.™
Revolimb® kits allow clinicians to make any socket or brace adjustable. With a simple click
of the Boa® dial, patients have the ability to
change the fit and feel of their device any time
of day. Revolimb kits are available for various
designs and configurations. With one hand, your
- Adjust fit for changing activities.
- Change compression to match volume changes.
- Release compression when needed.
Revolimb is bringing a whole new level of comfort
and control to your patients.
U.S. Patent No. 8443501.
In 2012, when we began distributing orthopedic articles to
referral sources in our region, our referrals and revenue shot
through the roof. And when you subscribe to Amar Orthopedic
Publications, yours will too.
- Four professionally written orthopedic articles every year-just add your byline, contact information, and send!
- Exclusive access in your area.
- Effortless referrals from the people who can make or break your business.
- A 100% money-back guarantee!
Want more referrals with less effort? Subscribe online today.
The practitioners who developed
Limbguard™ know the importance of
effective early care and the impact this
has on building a lasting relationship
with patients. Limbguard's unique
design considers volume management,
wound care, and knee range of motion.
The product line consists of four sizes
designed to fit both left and right
residuum. Limbguard is available from
Friddle's Orthopedic Appliances at
The One-Stop Shop for ALL of Your Stockinette Needs.
• Cotton • Nylon • Perlon
• Nyglass • Multi-Size • Aralon
• Spectralon • SpectraCarb • SpectraCarb/Aralon
• Fiberglass • Carbon/Fiberglass • Carbon/Fiberglass Kevlar
• Nylon Helanca Stretch • Modelsoft
For more information, e-mail
Accepting Applications Now!
Begin your P&O career at NUPOC! Learn from leaders in the P&O profession! The NUPOC MPO is a 21-month graduate curriculum that prepares you to enter an accredited residency, sit for certification examinations, and become a P&O practitioner.
The online portion of the program includes live and streamed lectures, videoconference discussions, group projects, and case-study sessions that help you learn, apply, and review knowledge.
The on-campus practicum offers supervised opportunities to practice technical and clinical skills with patient models who have neuromusculoskeletal impairments.
Northwestern University Prosthetics-Orthotics Center
Feinberg School of Medicine
Clinicians have a new option when it comes to K2 feet.
WillowWood's new DuraWalk is a sleek, low-profile K2 foot
with an adjustable heel.
- Flexible toe spring allows for smooth gait while maintaining stability.
- Provides multiaxial function.
- Maximum weight limit of 350 lb.
- Low-cut, modular foot shell allows for easy access to the foot for clinical adjustments.
- Suitable for both transtibial and transfemoral amputees.
- Affordably priced with suggested L-Codes of L-5972 and L-5986.