Ability Dynamics is a medical-device company created with a passion for helping amputees through the utilization of advanced technology.
Our state-of-the-art Rush Foot™ uses Flexeon™, a specially formulated, reinforced fiber-composite material that is nearly indestructible and three times more flexible than carbon fiber. This translates into fewer repairs, maintenance, and warranty claims.
Our full rocker sole is designed for the needs of above the knee amputees. The half rocker sole is designed for the needs of below the knee amputees. Visit us at www.facebook.com/rushfoot
SPS is proud to carry the new Valor compression liner sock from Swiftwick.
Made in the U.S.A., the VALOR is the most advanced moisture-managing compression liner sock ever created for amputees. This revolutionary new solution-worn under the liner and against the skin-is made with Olefin, a Nobel Prize-winning, environmentally friendly fiber.
The VALOR's sculptured compression construction incorporates Swiftwick's patented active antimicrobial technology, providing superior moisture, bacteria, and volume fluctuations control. Ask your rep about the Swiftwick liner sock today!
The BTS G-Walk is the first pocket-size gait lab that provides evaluation of spatial temporal gait parameters. This cellphone-
size wireless unit provides accurate, objective, and measured gait symmetry data. Graphical analysis is instantaneously transmitted to your computer, comparing your patient's gait to the normal average.
Think of the benefits to your patients, your practice, your referral sources, and your claims justifications.
The Ortho Remedy
The AIRPUCK™ system is a cost-effective vacuum reservoir that can maintain negative pressure within the prosthetic socket for extended periods of time (6-10 hours). The AIRPUCK system completely seals the distal aspect of the socket, allowing users to open the valve and remove air in the socket to achieve vacuum suspension. The vacuum barb is neatly concealed in the valve housing. Blister pull fabrication makes an air-tight socket a breeze. No hoses, barbs, or ports to contend with. The AIRPUCK is a self-sealing, modular, drop-in vacuum component. Patent pending.
5280 PROSTHETICS LLC
The 1C30 Trias® is an extraordinary prosthetic foot-a combination of creative design and innovative, lightweight technology. Interconnected, dual-spring elements provide dampening at heel strike and enable a physiological rollover with excellent energy return. The result is movement similar to a natural foot.
- Dual carbon forefoot and heel springs for easy rollover.
- Adapts to various walking speeds and uneven terrain.
- Lightweight carbon construction in an attractive design.
- Functional foot shell in normal and slim versions, two colors, and two heel heights.
- New look as part of the TriAngular foot family.
College Park Industries has increased its offerings to include a line of commonly used endoskeletal components. Utilizing knowledge from 25 years of material research and product design, these endo components are carefully engineered for structural integrity and noise abatement. Tested to the highest quality standards, the endo components perfectly complement the performance and outcomes that College Park prosthetic feet are known for.
College Park Industries
Until now, all advanced vacuum systems have required a sleeve to maintain vacuum. The problem is that sleeves are bulky; they bunch behind the knee, restricting range of motion. They can also puncture, leading to a loss of vacuum.
Enter Unity™. Building on established Seal-In® technology, the Unity Sleeveless Vacuum system by Össur® is the first advanced vacuum solution to generate 15-22 in Hg of vacuum without a sleeve.
Visit www.ossur.com/unity to learn how to get certified and check out the entire line of Unity-compatible Flex-Foot feet including low-profile and microprocessor solutions.
The Trulife Seattle Kinetic Light is a K2 foot with an integrated multiaxial ankle. It offers a full-length composite keel, five interchangeable bumper options, and a nonremovable split-toe foot shell. The new proximal male pyramid adaptor provides easier access to the receiver while maintaining lightweight construction, low build height, and good durability.
Available in three skin tone colors and five keel categories, the Seattle Kinetic Light foot is recommended for patients at low- to medium-activity levels (K2) with a weight limit of 366 lb. (166kg).
The Camber Axis Hinge® is now available with modular uprights to further enhance your orthotic design options. The 3/16-in. x 3/4-in. aluminum proximal upright and 1/8-in. thick stainless steel stirrup have been specifically designed to fit the proximal and distal uprights of the Camber Axis Hinge.
The Camber Axis Hinge Modular Upright Kit is supplied fully assembled and comes complete with seven color-coded, range-of-motion keys that eliminate the need for posterior stop mechanisms. This joint permits a solid ankle design that can be easily changed to articulated motion with variable stop settings.
Features and benefits include:
- Two new versions that both mount in the forearm.
- Standard: for use with ProControl2; U3/U3+; and Utah Hybrid.
- ProWrist: for use with microprocessor-controlled TDs.
- Two times the speed and torque of previous versions.
- An in-hand version is also available-built into the MC Hand or ETD.
Contact us for more information.
The guide provides information about:
- Terms to know.
- Types of audits.
- Planning ahead.
- The RAC audit process.
- And more!
Ask your Endolite territory manager about getting your guide today.
medi USA is proud to introduce the SLEEQ® series of spinal bracing solutions. The SLEEQ Spinal Therapy System's InvisAdjust™ technology enables a universal fit for nearly all patients while dramatically reducing the hassle and cost of unwanted inventory. SLEEQ's state-of-the-art TruGlide™ tightening makes it easy to achieve optimal compression for the most effective pain relief. The advanced eco-friendly Q-Lex™ OrthoSport Material promotes air flow to keep patients cool and dry. The low-profile ventilated AeroFlex™ support system automatically conforms to the patient's anatomy for a custom fit, providing optimum comfort and pain management or operative treatment support.
New for 2013: The AMP CAM Attachment Kit. The game changer! Ask about our evaluation program!
The BTK AMP CAM Kit allows the highest tuning of tendon response within further progression of knee flexion.
Features and benefits include:
- Mimics natural muscle function.
- Adjustable tendon durometers.
- Adjustable extension stops.
- Adjustable dampening and rebound.
- 350 lb., K4+ activity.
- Use in any environment.
- Light and strong.
- Military approved.
Get the best of both worlds with the most advanced transtibial locking liner along with the only shuttle lock with a flexible pin and magnetic guidance. Deliver great outcomes to your low to moderately active patients with this winning combination.
- Anatomy-specific geometry-thicker in bony areas and thinner where flexibility is needed.
- Silky-textured inner surface provides comfortable contact with the skin.
- Distal matrix helps reduce elongation.
- 20° flexion.
- Flexible pin and magnetic guidance for ease of entry into lock.
- Lightweight construction.
- Specifically engineered for K2 patients.
- Unique flexible keel/multiaxis design.
- Flexible, impact-reducing design.
- Roll-over shape (ROS) designed for a natural gait.
- Compliant dynamics for comfort and stability.
- Positive-lock foot shell interface for stability.
- Simple, maintenance-free design.
- Foot comes assembled in the foot shell for an easy, out-of-the-box fit.
TRS Introduces an Improved Swivel Technology-Binary Swivels.
Features and benefits include:
- 50 percent stronger in tensile strength tests than conventional triple swivels.
- Higher-quality stainless steel materials.
- "Double-swaging" capability provided on both standard and heavy-duty cables.
- Incorporate fewer components with a unique, higher-strength construction.
- Designed to perfectly fit both standard and heavy-duty cables.
- Available in 9/32-in. diameter and 3/16-in. diameter ball terminal models.
This lightweight and flexible custom ankle gauntlet fits in almost any shoe! The Butterfly is a slim version of the traditional ankle support without the bulk. The Butterfly is an excellent choice for PTTD and ankle instability when rigid control is not required. Casting methods and tips are available on our website. The Butterfly comes in a variety of choices including lace or Velcro, leather or Plastazote lining, and a range of heights from 5-10 in. Certified pedorthists are available to answer any questions you may have about the Butterfly.
Hersco Ortho Labs
College Park is known for high-quality and durable foot shells. Now your highest impact patients can have increased durability, and everyone can enjoy walking barefoot safely. The College Park Shelltread™ is made from abrasion-resistant styrene-butadiene rubber with a crosshatch design for enhanced nonskid capability. Easy to install and affordable, they are available in neutral and black for every size and type of College Park foot shell.
College Park Industries
PreStride™ demonstrates stance control's capability and FullStride™ delivers it to the patient.
The formula for success in the application of a stance control orthosis (SCO) is tied to a thorough patient assessment. The PreStride stance control assessment orthosis allows the orthotist to evaluate the patient in various component configurations to determine the optimal setup before fabricating the definitive FullStride SCO.
The avalon foot provides 12° of controlled ankle motion, allowing the user to safely negotiate stairs, ramps, and environmental obstacles with increased confidence and security.
- Dorsiflexes from midstance to toe off for a smooth rollover.
- Remains dorsiflexed through swing phase for improved toe clearance, to minimize the risk of falls.
- Provides a more natural gait; reduces the need to compensate by hip hiking, circumduction, or lifting the knee to clear the toe during swing phase.
- Biomimetic ankle motion encourages equal loading during ambulation, which leads to less stress and thereby preserves the sound side.
KiddieROCKER™ is the newest addition to Allard's pediatric
dynamic response AFOs. Developed for your pediatric population
with more involved pathology, the extra rigidity offers enhanced
balance and posture control, especially for weak quadriceps.
Features and benefits include:
- Carbon composite with anterior shell, lateral strut, and engineered footplate with open calcaneal design.
- Allows integration of your custom foot orthotic to help control ground-up forces.
- Lateral strut can serve as a base for a T-strap to control excessive ankle eversion.
- Anterior shell assists in management of proximal deficits by helping manage either knee hyperextension or crouch gait.
Our accommodative foot orthotics are specially designed for patients with foot deformities. We offer a variety of materials for foot conditions such as neuropathy, Charcot foot, edema, or amputation; or conditions resulting from health issues like obesity, diabetes, sports injuries, or heart conditions. Custom-made foot orthotics provide support and relief wherever necessary. Apis provides you with a free 3D camera to eliminate impressions or casting-now it's just a push of a button. Fulfill all of your pedorthic needs under one roof. Call our friendly customer service representatives for more information or free samples.
Apis Footwear Co.
Evolution's new Unity Plate works with Össur's
Unity system and our locking seals.
Evolution Industries, Inc.
medi is proud to announce a new addition to the innovative Panthera family of feet: the Panthera CF II-adaptable to the individual needs of the K3 or K4 amputee.
Features and benefits include:
- Finely adjustable heel and forefoot resistance via trimmable elastomer inserts.
- medi Torsion Flex Control provides multiaxial compliance via integrated elastomer layers.
- Early plantar contact for increased stability.
- Vertical shock absorption provides greater comfort.
- Fluid rollover and dynamic toe-off due to the continuous carbon spring.
Orthomerica's Fuzion™ AFO was developed to allow greater fit, function, and freedom for challenging foot deformations when compared to traditional AFOs. The circumferential wrap of the Fuzion firmly and comfortably holds the foot in a more structured biomechanical position instead of trying to seat the foot with two or three straps. The Fuzion's design and materials ensure greater patient compliance for a variety of challenging clinical indications. Available for adult and pediatric patients.
For more information about the Fuzion, call us or visit our newly redesigned website.
Coyote Composite is an ideal replacement for braided carbon fiber in prosthetic and orthotic laminations. It's made from basalt (volcanic rock), which is tougher and more flexible than carbon for more comfort in prosthetic sockets and orthotic bracing. The inert nature of this material has less inhalant risk and causes less irritation to the skin than alternatives.
- Extreme durability.
- Tougher than fiberglass.
- Safer, with less itch than carbon.
- Easy to use for rigid or flexible layups.
- Can be used with traditional or flexible resins.
Accepting Applications Now!
Begin your P&O career at NUPOC! Learn from leaders in the P&O profession! The NUPOC MPO is a 21-month graduate curriculum that prepares you to enter an accredited residency, sit for certification examinations, and become a P&O practitioner.
The online portion of the program includes live and streamed lectures, videoconference discussions, group projects, and case-study sessions that help you learn, apply, and review knowledge.
The on-campus practicum offers supervised opportunities to practice technical and clinical skills with patient models who have neuromusculoskeletal impairments.
Northwestern University Prosthetics-Orthotics Center
Feinberg School of Medicine
Every client is different. For the exceptionally active client in need of transtibial suspension, Syncor's Durasleeve HD is constructed of the highest-quality, heavy-duty neoprene for exceptional durability. Limited dexterity creates its own challenges, and the Durasleeve EZ meets them with the security of a virtually failsafe suction system, yet it is easy to don and doff.
All Durasleeve designs are constructed with uncompromising air-tight integrity. Outside, seams are reinforced with color-matched blind stitching. Inside, our exclusive, patented reinforcement panel minimizes wear. Custom orders are always welcome through your Syncor supplier.
Tired of throwing away too many nylon seconds? Try our MasterCraft hosiery! Essential to your O&P applications, from laminations to pulling plastic, these nylons will help make fabrication easier. Made with first-quality nylon, our open-toe nylons reduce your throwaways! Available in a 1-lb. box of approximately 80 nylons, or a 5-lb. box of approximately 400 nylons.
Call for e-mail for more information.
A program designed to help optimize your materials costs.
With the challenges facing O&P care providers, it's becoming more difficult to provide high-quality patient care while managing a business. The SPS Rewards Program ensures you are getting the best value for the products you need to run your business. To learn more and register for the SPS Rewards Program, contact your SPS sales manager.