- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Company provided life and AD&D insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k (with a matching program)
- Paid vacation and holidays
Responsibilities and Duties:
Review/formulate medical records, examine patients, evaluate, and document functional loss and orthotic needs of patients; formulate orthotic patient prescriptions for optimal management of upper and lower limb orthotic anomalies, both congenital and acquired, in collaboration with physicians and orthotist.
Post materials used, cost and other pertinent information including nomenclature and cost to orthotic records to ensure accurate patient charges. Instruct patients on the limitations and proper use of orthotic devices and appliances; instruct patients regarding maintenance, storing and cleaning of devices and appliances.
Consult with the orthotist, physicians, nurses, and physical therapists and vocational rehabilitation counselors regarding orthotic patient’s needs.
Carry pager and perform on-call duties as assigned and scheduled
Other duties as assigned
Possible exposure to contagious diseases, communicable diseases, or blood-borne pathogens.
May work in homes, community, schools, job sites, clinics or in a normal patient care environment in an acute hospital setting. Possess current unrestricted Michigan driver’s license, automobile insurance, and available automobile. Driving distances within service area from office. Potential exposure to a variety of attitudes and personalities. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Certified Fitter by ABC or BOC; Certified Athletic Trainer or Physical Therapy Assistant
· Employee must be eligible to be credentialed and hold privileges with all local hospitals
· Experienced in Microsoft Office and Windows based computer applications
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Presents a strong professional appearance
· Ability to perform multiple and adverse tasks simultaneously
· High organized and self-motivated
· Employee must have normal or correctible range of hearing and eyesight
· Manual dexterity required to operate orthotic construction equipment
· Frequent bending, stooping, and lifting and reaching required