Cascade Prosthetics and Orthotics is a family owned clinic, with locations in Mt Vernon and Ferndale, Washington, that specializes in the O & P needs of pediatric and adult patients. We are a caring, compassionate team whose main goal is to understand the needs of our patients and create an experience that exceeds expectations.
We are currently looking to fill a full time Certified Prosthetist/Orthotist position for our Ferndale Clinic.
Our CPO’s responsibilities include:
- Conducts evaluation of patient; leads interactive discussion to identify patient’s needs and goals including pain reduction, comfort, stability, mobility, and aesthetics.
- Creates design of prosthetic and/or orthotic device, selecting appropriate materials and components for optimum strength, durability, and function.
- Takes measurements, make impressions/casts to fit or craft chosen treatment.
- Performs thorough device fitting on patient, ensuring accurate fit, function and comfort; explains use and care of product; identifies and reconciles any issues or problems with provided product; follows up with patients to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Fabricates, alters, and repairs prosthetic and orthotic devices using common prosthetic and orthotic hand and/or power tools.
- Creates and maintains detailed clinical notes in patients’ records.
- Regularly networks with physicians and related professionals to identify and secure future sources or referrals; provides in-service trainings and product demonstrations.
- Able to perform on-call, hospital calls, and float between clinic offices as needed.
- Participates in personal and professional development through continuing education, training, and research. Stays current on industry technology, techniques, and materials.
- Maintain valid WA license
Benefits include competitive pay, quarterly profit sharing, medical, dental, vision insurance, employer contribution to HSA and 401k match- 401k eligible after 90 days!
Our business is based in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, just 90 minutes north of Seattle and 40 minutes south of Vancouver, B.C. We are located in a small, friendly community with a wide variety of outdoor activities available nearby, including downhill and cross-country skiing, ocean kayaking, sailing, hiking, mountain biking, and fishing. The San Juan Islands are a short ferry ride away. The quality of life just can’t be beat! Email resume to apply.