Job ID 248179
Please apply directly on the Southlake Orthopaedics website
The Director, Orthotics and Prosthetics (O & P) is responsible for supporting operations in the Orthotics and Prosthetics (O & P) Department at Southlake Orthopaedics. This is a hands-on role that will require both management/supervisory responsibilities, as well as face to face, interactive patient care duties.
This position will work collaboratively with the physicians and administration to ensure that the O & P Department is operated in a fiscally sound manner and has the necessary equipment and supplies to provide timely and quality care to its patients. The Director, O & P provides overall planning and daily supervision of all operational aspects and activities of the O & P and DME employees, and services at all Southlake locations. In addition to daily management, this individual represents O & P in organizational wide planning efforts involving space, equipment, staff, systems, services, supplies, revenues, expenses, and future programs and services. The individual participates as an important member of the Southlake management team to address and resolve broad management and administrative issues such as planning for future programs and services, procedure coding and revenue capture, cost monitoring and control, patient scheduling, patient and staff safety, patient flows, operational monitoring, regulatory compliance, public relations and the overall timeliness and quality of services provided to customers and patients.
- Management and administrative duties will include:
- Analyzing internal processes and recommending and implementing procedural or policy changes to improve O & P operations.
- Interviewing, hiring, orienting, and mentoring/coaching clinical and clinical support, and providing regular feedback to staff regarding their performance.
- Acquiring, managing, and ensuring optimal usage of consumable supply inventories.
- Reducing inventories and costs through standardization and selection of lowest cost supplies consistent with acceptable levels of quality.
- Patient care duties will include:
- Examining the patient and evaluating needs resulting from disease, traumatic injury, or congenital problems.
- Assisting physicians in pre-surgical planning and in the formulation of prescriptions for prostheses or orthoses to prevent or limit disability or restore mobility.
- Taking measurements, designs, selects materials, and fabricates appliances.
- Performing fitting including static and dynamic alignments.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of appliance for patients’ needs, and making necessary adjustments to ensure proper fit, function, and quality of workmanship.
- Maintaining patient records and instructs patients in proper use of prosthesis and orthopedic devices. Provides specialized guidance concerning operation of devices for physical therapists and family members.
Providing periodic adjustments and evaluations of patient progress.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Orthotics and/or Prosthetics required, Masters degree in health care management, business, or related field preferred.
- Current board certification in Prosthetics and/or Orthotics from the American Board for Certification (ABC) or the Board of Certification (BOC).
- Five years’ experience in Orthotics and/or Prosthetics providing direct patient care.
- Three years in healthcare operations supervisory experience.