Eastern Michigan University (EMU) seeks a motivated, energetic, and collaborative faculty member to join its Orthotics and Prosthetics Masters (O & P) program. This faculty member will have an eight month, full-time, tenure-track position and will be an integral member of the O & P program. The program has been granted accreditation from the CAAHEP and NCOPE.
- Current American Board Certified Prosthetist and Orthotist (CPO)
- At least 5 years of clinical practice experience as a CPO
- Minimum of a master’s degree in O & P or a PhD in a relevant field
- Excellent presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- History of service to the community or profession
- At least 3 years of experience teaching in an academic setting
- Strong scholarly activities within the last 5 years
- Developing curricula and delivering course materials in lecture and lab settings
- Teaching contractual load of courses as assigned by the department or school
- Mentoring students and student capstone projects
- Conducting research and fieldwork; dissemination of scholarly findings
- Active participation in the continued program evaluative process and maintenance of accreditation
- Participating in program, departmental, college/university, and community level service activities
Applicants must apply online at www.emich.edu/jobs by completing the application form and attaching a cover letter and CV listing three references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information contact:
Sun Hae (Sunny) Jang
Associate Professor and Search Committee Chair
Phone: (734) 487-2838 or Email: [email protected]
EMU enrolls approximately 23,000 students and offers an outstanding benefits package and a collegial work environment. EMU’s distinct mix of comprehensive academic resources, strong community initiatives, focus on Education First, and nationally-recognized undergraduate and graduate student research achievements set it apart. The EMU campus is located in the Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor community, 5 miles from downtown Ann Arbor and 35 miles west of Detroit, MI and Windsor, Ontario. EMU is an equal opportunity employer, and the institution is regularly recognized by U.S. News and World Report for its diversity.