Job ID 244189
Experience and Education
- High school graduation or GED and basic science course and two (2) years experience in Orthotics/Prosthetics or related technical experience.
- Operates and provides basic maintenance for machinery to fabricate devices.
- Pours molds for rectification, vacuum forming, or laminating of prosthetics and/or orthotics.
- Assembles orthoses and/or prostheses for delivery.
- Vacuums form plastics over positive models
- Contours metal joints to model or tracing.
- Laminates orthoses and/or prostheses for fabrication by constructing layup with various materials.
- Fabricates and applies straps to devices for suspension by measuring lengths of straps, cutting, and sewing.
- Maintains inventory to the stock lab with materials and prosthetic and/or orthotic supplies; contacts vendor to acquire costs for materials.
- Responsible for keeping the laboratory in good operating condition to provide an efficient and safe environment for the fabrication of devices.
- Documents services provided to outside practitioners to produce a report for monthly billing.