- Provide comprehensive, developmentally appropriate Orthotic or prosthetic service to infants, toddlers, preschool, school-aged, and adolescent clients who require prosthetic intervention
- Assist the physician and clinic team in designing and developing new and innovative orthotic and prosthetic devices based on the patient’s needs.
- Attend clinics of various disciplines to assist the clinic team in formulating treatment plans.
- Take negative impressions, proper measurements, and have experience modifying molds for fabrication.
- Obtain optimum fit and alignment for all orthotic and prosthetic devices.
- Does all prosthetic repairs and adjustments to maintain appliances in proper working order
- Work with physicians and therapists to obtain proper treatment for each patient
- Work as a team member with our clinical and technical staff for the treatment of all orthotic and prosthetic patients.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics with the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics, and Pedorthics Inc. required
- Must remain in good standing with ABC by meeting all MCE requirements and codes of ethical conduct
- Must be licensed to practice as an Orthotist and Prosthetist in the state of Texas by the Texas Board of Orthotics and Prosthetics (TBOP)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to manage a constant influx of activity
- Previous experience, particularly in pediatrics preferred