Job ID 245782
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As the leader in the related fields of musculoskeletal health, HSS P&O plays an integral part in the HSS mission.
We are currently seeking an energetic, passionate and knowledgeable CPO Senior Director to oversee all aspects of HSS P&O. In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for overseeing and leading all daily operations, strategic planning, coordinating and implementing continuous performance improvement for HSS P&O and related areas.
Under the direction the Vice President of HSS Rehabilitation and Performance, guides department activities, operations, budgets, and staff. Functions as a working clinician in P&O Services. Oversees and manages all contracts with participating DME and bracing vendors; oversees and maintains equipment and facilities.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Full daily operational oversight
- Quality oversight
- Billing oversight
- Education and training for P&O, Non-P&O and vendor staff
- Management of external vendors, contracts, quality
- Providing direct patient care
- Fabrication of custom braces
- Program Development – Creating strategic initiatives to drive excellence, innovation and growth
- Monitoring of key performance indicators for HSS and HSS Vendors
- Clinical excellence: Ensure clinical consistency across service locations
- Strategic planning
- Fiscal oversight
- Inventory management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Certification by the American Board of Certification (ABC) in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- 7+ years of experience in Prosthetics and Orthotics (preferred)
- 2+ years supervisory experience (preferred)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence people, build relationships and collaborate with MDs, external vendors and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent organization and project management skills are a must.
- Excellent time management skills
- Advanced computers skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Personal car to travel to HSS regional locations