The Department of Veterans Affairs has openings for 5 Certified Prosthetist/Orthotist to join the VA Mobile Prosthetic and Orthotic Care (MoPOC) program in the following locations: Columbia South Carolina, Fargo North Dakota, Guam Pacific Islands, Sioux Falls South Dakota and Syracuse New York
VA is proud to offer our employees strong starting salaries based on education, training and experience. And you’ll experience steady growth, with periodic pay raises that address inflation and local market changes, as well as other rewards for all your hard work and dedication. A career with VA comes loaded with comprehensive benefits, competitive pay and other generous perks to help build a more balanced, full life for you and your family.
– Serve Veterans at a network of VA community based outpatient clinics
– Provide high quality care without having to worry about insurance reimbursement
– Drive a new fully customized O&P mobile lab
– Work four 10-hour days a week with a 3-day weekend
– Travel time included in work hours
– No on-call or weekends
– Enjoy 11 paid federal holidays
– 13 to 26 days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
– 13 sick days annually with no limit on accumulation
– Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave (for employees covered by FMLA) for the birth, adoption or
foster care placement of a child
– Qualifies for pension, annual cost of living increase
– Incentive Awards including Superior Performance Awards, Special Contribution Awards,
Quality Step Increases, and VA Honor Awards
– Potential Public Service Loan Forgiveness after you make 120 qualifying payments
– Salary range $79,363-$103,176
Minimum requirements: Citizen of the United States. (1) A bachelor’s degree or higher in orthotics and prosthetics from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) accredited program. OR, (2) A bachelor’s degree or higher in any major along with a post-graduate orthotics or prosthetics certificate from a CAAHEP accredited program. Candidates must be board certified by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics (ABC) or the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC) as an orthotist/prosthetist. The board certificate must be current and the applicant must abide by the certifying body’s requirements for continuing education. Certification as a technician, pedorthist, assistant or fitter does not meet this requirement. Candidates must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d). Candidates must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job. Candidates must have completed 1 year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level as an orthotist/prosthetist functioning as a full member of the clinical team which includes significant involvement in treatment plan development for the most complex types of conditions.
Preferred experience: CPO with 3 plus years of clinical experience. Experience providing mobile care preferred. A valid US drivers license.
Interested candidates should send resume and transcripts to:
Daniel Abrahamson, CPO
National Program Manager, MoPOC
Email: [email protected]