Job ID 248808
For many years, Performance Prosthetics & Orthotics has provided the highest quality care to our patients, and we continue to do so by ways of improving our level of service. We believe in giving our practitioners the freedom of choice to provide the best care possible for their patients and with access to the latest technologies and techniques, you will have the tools and resources you need to deliver truly personalized and innovative solutions.
Due to expansion into a new state of the art facility and increased patient volume, we have an exciting opportunity for a Certified (or Board Eligible) Prosthetist Orthotist in Pensacola, FL. Join our expanding team and see why Performance Prosthetics & Orthotics is the best on the Emerald Coast.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate patients for orthotic and prosthetic services, formulate a treatment plan, adjust to assure fit, function, medical efficacy, and quality of work and perform outcome measures as appropriate.
- Deliver quality orthotics, prosthetics, and professional services in relation to patient care.
- Post-delivery service and adjustments for assigned patients.
- Provide information to administrative staff to conduct reimbursement activities.
- Maintenance of all patient charts and records of care and service, current and complete each day.
- Training and or assisting technicians, Apprentices, Fitters, and/or other Practitioners, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a referral and client base.
- Market the organization’s professional services, through the development of strong professional relationships with physicians, therapists, patients, and other referral sources.
- Achieve and maintain professional knowledge and technical skills required to perform all other primary responsibilities. This specifically includes, current “state of the art” knowledge, procedures, components, and materials including applications based on diagnosis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to fabricate Orthotic and prosthetic devices at our in-house fabrication facility preferred.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written forms, work effectively with a wide range of people including vendors, suppliers, providers, co-workers, and management.
- Ability to interact with clinical and non-clinical personnel, patients, and caregivers professionally and respectfully.
- Ability to work collaboratively and participate in the team approach and provide future vision of patient care.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to completion.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment in resolving issues.
- Proficient computer skills; Proficient in MS Office and databases.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Master’s in Orthotics and Prosthetics.
- Certified by The American Board for Certification in Orthotics and/or Prosthetics (ABC) or board eligible. Certification must be in good standing.
- The ability to obtain and maintain Florida state licensure is required as well.