The New Jersey Office of the Governor is seeking qualified candidates for the governor to consider for the Orthotics and Prosthetics Board of Examiners. There are ten open positions, and each board member is appointed by the governor with the advice and consent of the Senate. Board members serve for a three-year term.
- Two members who are licensed and practicing orthotists
- Two members who are licensed and practicing prosthetists
- Two members who are licensed and practicing prosthetist/orthotists
- One member who is licensed to practice medicine and surgery
- One member who is a licensed doctor of podiatric medicine
- One public member who is a prosthetic user
- One public member who is an orthotic user
In addition to the foregoing positions, one member of the executive branch shall be appointed directly by the governor and shall receive an initial staggered term.
Public members must not have any association or relationship with the profession or a member thereof regulated by this board.
For more information about joining the board, or to submit a letter of recommendation and resumé for a candidate, e-mail Brett Canaval, Office of the Governor, Appointments Office, at [email protected], or call 609.777.0251.