The American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association (AOPA) recognized a host of O&P clinicians during its National Assembly in San Antonio, Texas, September 28-October 1.
Those honored included:
- 2022 Lifetime Achievement award: Carl Caspers, CPO
- First-ever Professor Hans Georg Näder Digital O&P award: David Boone, PhD, MPH, CP. Boone received the inaugural award based on his magnitude of work in the O&P digital space as an innovator and developer over the last 40 years.
- Howard R. Thranhardt award: Jennifer Johnansson, MS, for “Designing and Testing of the Caesar Foot: A Biomedical Run-Walk Prosthesis;” Tiffany Graham, MSPO, CPO/L, FAAOP, for “Development and Validation of a Prediction Model for The Treatment Time of Deformational Head Shapes Using a Cranial Remolding Orthosis”
- The Edwin and Kathryn Arbogast award: Adam Huff, University of Pittsburgh, for “Validating Apple Watch Pulse Oximetry Data in People with Limb Loss”
- The Otto and Lucille Becker award: Jason Rutkowski, University of Pittsburgh, for “The Effects of Disease Perceived Benefits and Psychosocial Impact of Lower Limb Orthoses in Ambulatory Persons with Multiple Sclerosis”