The following O&P organizations have announced cancellations and/or postponements of events due to the increasing spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19.
The Tennessee Society of Orthotics & Prosthetics has rescheduled its Annual Meeting to October 15-17, 2020. The rescheduled meeting will still be held at the Embassy Suites Nashville Airport.
· The Louisiana Association of Orthotist and Prosthetist cancelled its 2020 meeting. Attendees’ hotel reservations have also been cancelled. The next meeting will be held June 3-5 in Baton Rouge.
· Coyote Prosthetics, Twin Falls, Idaho, announced it will cease operations as of the end of business on Thursday, March 19, through April 6 to allow its patients and staff to quarantine due to the COVID-19 virus.
· The American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association (AOPA) cancelled several upcoming events, including the Policy Forum that was scheduled for May 5-6 in Washington DC.
· Angel City Sports suspended all programming and events through June.
· OT World, previously scheduled for May, has been rescheduled to October 27-30 in Leipzig, Germany.
· The Association of Children’s Prosthetic-Orthotic Clinics (ACPOC) cancelled its Annual Meeting that was scheduled for March 18-21 in Portland, Oregon.
As the situation evolves daily, we encourage you to follow the guidance being issued from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization, and your local, state, and the federal governments. For information with resources and guidance for healthcare facilities, visit the CDC’s page about steps and strategies healthcare facilities can take during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The O&P EDGE will continue to update this list as needed.