Hanger Austin, Texas, announced the establishment of the Hanger Institute for Clinical Research and Education (Hanger Institute), a collection of resources and experts dedicated to advancing clinical practice and improving patient outcomes. The Hanger Institute will focus on leading-edge clinical research, evidence-based care, and professional education, and will serve as a platform to collaborate with top-tier medical and academic institutions and industry experts.
The foundation of the Hanger Institute is built upon five core competencies:
1. Real-world data analytics through rich and robust data that drives the care decisions made daily.
2. Knowledge translation by educating Hanger Clinic care teams and medical professionals on new research, care pathways, and technologies that not only drive the field forward, but also improve patient outcomes.
3. Implementation expertise used to translate data and research into everyday practice to support Hanger Clinic care teams through implementing new outcomes initiatives and disseminating that information to patients, medical professionals, and payers.
4. Patient engagement efforts to help orthotic and prosthetic patients play a more active role in their care through the creation of programs, resources, and education that are guided by research.
5. Strategic partnership alignment to collaborate with specific academic partners and healthcare organizations in pursuit of the same goal: providing optimal care for our patients.
The Hanger Institute is embedded within the company’s Clinical & Scientific Affairs and will receive guidance from an external advisory board of multidisciplinary healthcare and research specialists. The board will provide input around advancing specific research and clinical support, while ensuring educational activities are consistent with the mission.