The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) revised the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) application (CMS-588), which must be used starting February 28 to request EFT payments from Medicare. The new application will be posted on the CMS Forms List in early February.
Medicare Administrative Contractors will accept current and revised versions of the form through February 27.
The updates to the form include:
· Moving the instructions to the first page
· Changing “Medicare fee-for-service contractor” to “Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC)”
· Removing requests for irrelevant information: cancellation as a reason for submission, change of ownership or change of practice location, additional data fields for National Provider Identifiers (NPIs)
· Removing references to indirect payment procedures billers
· Adding two additional data fields for Medicare Identification Numbers (if issued) (one NPI can be linked to multiple Medicare Identification Numbers)
· Updating the link for MAC contacts
For more information, see the Medicare Provider-Supplier Enrollment webpage.