Hanger, Austin, Texas, debuted the James Edward Hanger Awards of Excellence at its Annual Education Fair and National Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada, January 31-February 2, 2012.
“We are excited to unveil the James Edward Hanger Awards of Excellence as they celebrate and honor our company’s most talented individuals and teams,” said Hanger CEO Thomas F. Kirk. “Each of the award recipients make valuable contributions to Hanger’s continuing success and are very deserving of this esteemed honor.”
The winners of the 2011 James Edward Hanger Awards of Excellence are as follows:
- Collaboration: Hanger’s Mergers and Acquisitions Team, consisting of Mike Schlesinger, Craig Wright, Robert Rock, Margaret Boren, and Jeff Martin, were recognized for their work across multiple business units within the company.
- Customer Service: Randy Richardson was acknowledged for his development and execution of Hanger’s Amputee Rehabilitation Program for wounded, retired soldiers.
- Clinical Excellence: Brian Heckathorn, CPO, with Hanger’s South Easton, Massachusetts, patient care clinic and Matthew Luetke, CPO, with Hanger’s Kansas City, Kansas, patient care clinic both continually deliver superior patient outcomes to a diverse range of patient types and conditions.
- Leadership: Kevin Carroll, MS, CP, FAAOP, vice president of prosthetics, was recognized for his exemplary contributions and dedication to Hanger and its patients as a productive researcher, a compassionate clinician, a visionary thinker, a generous contributor, a skilled educator, and a natural leader.
- Pioneering Innovation: Hanger’s AmpuShield Team-Steve Miller, CPO; Mike Duston, CPO; John Rheinstein, CP, FAAOP; Anthony Potter; Shonn Goodwin; Stacey Whiteside, CO; Al Maciunas, CPO, FAAOP; Lori Pipinich, CP; and Wallis Farraday, CP, LP-was recognized for its development of the coordinated-care AmpuShield program.
- Strategic Flexibility: Dan Ruppa was honored for his collaborative and innovative work across multiple departments within Hanger business unit Innovative Neurotronics. Antony Ricketts was recognized for his work as chief financial officer of Hanger business unit Accelerated Care Plus (ACP).