Ottobock, headquartered in Duderstadt, German, has won the 2013 Econ Award for excellence in public relations for its 2012 “Passion for Paralympics” campaign, held in conjunction with the 2012 London Paralympic Games. The annual Econ Awards are given by Germany-based publishing houses Econ Verlag, Berlin, and Handelsblatt-Gruppe, Dusseldorf, to recognize the best German-language corporate communications.
The campaign was chosen because of its engagement and reach. Highlights included the following:
- 45,000 visitors to the Ottobock Passion for Paralympics exhibition in London.
- 1.2 million visitors to the Ottobock Topic Zone at the London Science Museum.
- Print and broadcast media coverage reaching a global audience of 781 million.
- 83,000 visitors who viewed 210,000 pages on the Passion for Paralympics website.
- More than 200,000 YouTube views, including 140,000 for the London 2012 video.