The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that it is now soliciting bids for Round 1 2017 of the Medicare Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program. All bids must be submitted in DBidS, the online bidding system, before 9 p.m. ET on December 16. All required hard copy documents that must be included as part of the bid package must be received by the Competitive Bidding Implementation Contractor (CBIC) on or before December 16.
CMS urges all bidders to take advantage of the covered document review process. Under this process, suppliers whose hard copy financial documents are received by the CBIC by the covered document review date (CDRD) are notified if any individual financial documents are missing and have an opportunity to submit the missing documents.
The CDRD for Round 1 2017 is November 16. Financial documents must be received on or before November 16 to qualify for the covered document review process.
The Round 1 2017 product categories follow:
- Enteral nutrients, equipment and supplies
- General home equipment and related supplies and accessories
- Nebulizers and related supplies
- Negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) pumps and related supplies and accessories
- Respiratory equipment and related supplies and accessories
- Standard mobility equipment and related accessories
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) devices and supplies
Details about the filing process can be found on the CBIC website by clicking on Round 1 2017.