TECHNICIANS AND CADCAM: WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHATEVER!
Dates: FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2020
Where: O& P TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
A one-day continuing education course for O&P technicians focusing on their role and involvement with the CAD processes in a central fab or clinical practice. The one-day CE course will include 4-hours of education on prosthetic CAD processes and 4-hours on orthotic CAD processes establishing the role of the technician in the workflow. Each presentation will include descriptions of the entire CADCAM workflow and the extent of the tech’s involvement and role. Demonstrations of vacuum forming and laminating over the foam models will be presented with time for questions and answers throughout the day. This course is approved for 9 CEU credits ABC; 10 CEU credits BOC; 6 MCE credits OPC.
* Knowing and understanding the CADCAM workflow, including negative cast, finished model, digital scan and carved model;
* Knowing the role and involvement of the technician in the CADCAM workflow;
* Knowing the extent of involvement and the duties of the tech in the workflow;
* Knowing how foam models are processed;
* Knowing how to account for changes during the vacuum forming or laminating.
Chad Eberhart, CPOA, CTPO
Chad is a certified O & P assistant with dual certification as a technician in Prosthetics and Orthotics. Chad has been an O&P technician since 1999. He owns and operates Independent Tech Service, LLC (ITS) which is a Fabrication Center in Sumner, Washington that opened in 2002. Chad serves on the board of directors for the Western and Mid-Western Orthotics and Prosthetics Association.
Celeste Stebe, CTP
Celeste is an alumnus of the Orthotic and Prosthetic Technology Program at Spokane Falls Community College. She is a Certified Prosthetic Technician and has been working in the O&P profession for two years. Celeste has worked as a dual Orthotic and Prosthetic technician at Shriners Hospitals for Children in Portland. Oregon since August of 2017.
* Early $245 – until February 21, 2020
* Late $320 February 22 – March 11, 2020
Registration fees include morning refreshments, lunch, and a parking pass
For Information, please contact:
Ruthie Dearing at [email protected]
Ruthie H. Dearing, MHSA, JD
O & P Technology Program
Spokane Falls Community College
3410 W. Fort George Wright Drive
Spokane, Washington 99224
(509) 533-3231 FAX (509) 533-4143 CELL (509) 795-4959