Sunday, May 19, 2024

Question for spanish speaking practitioners.

Paula Pivko

Hi I am learning Spanish on tape because I have a large Mexican population. Just out of curiosity what do you use to describe orthoses like a leg brace, back brace or an foot orthosis such as a UCBL? I’ve heard on Google abrazaderas, bragueros, and my spanish app says ortesis. Currently I use the English word and just say orthosis or AFO while showing a sample of whatever it is that is prescribed but I would like a better description. I’ve asked a couple of my Latin American friends and they aren’t sure either. Again I’m mainly speaking to Latin American Hispanics. Paula Martinek, LPO Port Saint Lucie Fl.


Get unlimited access!

Join EDGE ADVANTAGE and unlock The O&P EDGE's vast library of archived content.


Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

The O&P EDGE Magazine
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?