The Hanger Charitable Foundation completed its second round of 2016 grants, awarding $127,750 to eight nonprofit organizations that share its mission to empower people with physical challenges to live life as fully as possible. The Foundation has awarded more than $180,000 to 16 organizations in 2016 thus far, and over $430,000 to more than 25 organizations since its first grant award in May 2015.
The most recent grant recipients include local and national organizations that serve a variety of communities and people interested in adaptive sports opportunities:
- Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, Florida Sled Hockey: $4,000 to support sled hockey initiatives for youth and adults with disabilities in Southwest Florida
- Kali’s Klub House, Therapeutic Riding and Hippotherapy Support: $8,750 to provide therapeutic riding and hippotherapy sessions to specially abled children in Upstate New York
- Project Summit, Donovan’s Kids Camp: $10,000 to help send children living with limb loss or limb difference to camp in Northern Ohio
- The Ability Center of Greater Toledo, Youth Transition Initiative: $10,000 to fund a five-week residential camp teaching life skills to youth with physical disabilities in Ohio
- Amputee Coalition, Second Chance Scholarship: $15,000 to provide scholarships for travel and expenses to attend the Amputee Coalition’s National Conference for people with limb loss or limb difference
- WDSRA Foundation, Synergy Adaptive Sports: $10,000 to support athletic opportunities for people with physical disabilities and visual impairments in DuPage County, Illinois
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) Association, Camp Footprint and Transcending CMT Day: $10,000 to fund travel scholarships to the first annual Camp Footprint, a five-day camp for children with CMT disease to be held in Western Pennsylvania, and $10,000 to support a Transcending CMT Day at Camp Footprint
- Challenged Athletes Foundation, Access to Athletes Program: $50,000 to provide adaptive sports equipment, coaching, mentoring, and competition expenses to people with physical challenges
The application deadline for the next round of funding is July 31.
For more information, visit the Hanger Charitable Foundation page on www.hanger.com.