The Hanger Charitable Foundation, Austin, Texas, completed its final round of 2016 grants, awarding $225,000 to five non-profit organizations. The Foundation has awarded more than $424,000 to 25 organizations in 2016. The most recent grant recipients include local and national organizations that serve a variety of communities, including stroke survivors, and children and adults living with limb loss or limb difference:
- Amputee Coalition, Amplify Your Voice: $100,000 to expand the Amputee Coalition’s existing national advocacy program to raise awareness about access-to-care issues
- No Limits Foundation, Camp No Limits: $100,000 to provide scholarships for campers and teen mentors at nine nationwide camps for children living with limb loss or limb difference
- The Painted Turtle, Medical Specialty Camp Program: $10,000 to offer children with serious medical conditions the opportunity to participate in an authentic recreational camp program
- Spaulding Adaptive Sports, Skiing Program: $5,000 to fund an adaptive skiing program for children and adults in the Greater Boston area
- American Stroke Foundation, Next Step Program: $10,000 to help provide a curriculum of care that addresses stroke survivors’ cognitive, social, physical, and emotional well-being
The application deadline for the next round of funding is February 24, 2017.
For more information, visit the Hanger Charitable Foundation page on www.hanger.com.